N150 loads in 6'5x47l

v-max

Have a look at a recent thread called 'Powder' in the Handloading topics section. The 123gn Scenar data are fine for the same weight A-Max and just drop 1.0gn for any 130gn bullet.

Have a look at a recent thread called 'Powder' in the Handloading topics section. The 123gn Scenar data are fine for the same weight A-Max and just drop 1.0gn for any 130gn bullet.

Hi thanks Laurie I have just tried the 130 vld hunting over 36.5g of N150 & got a 3 shot group of .372" in the wind we have so am very happy. I tried 36.3g which was very good at .451" so I think I am going to keep to N150 for now. I don't know speed but will drop chart it & try it at some of the small rifle shoots we do up here. My rifle was built by Grant Taylor on a Borden action & true flite barrel at 24" bedded into an h-s stock as I don't have funds for Mcmillan as yet cheers.

Hi thanks Laurie I have just tried the 130 vld hunting over 36.5g of N150 & got a 3 shot group of .372" in the wind we have so am very happy. I tried 36.3g which was very good at .451" so I think I am going to keep to N150 for now. I don't know speed but will drop chart it & try it at some of the small rifle shoots we do up here. My rifle was built by Grant Taylor on a Borden action & true flite barrel at 24" bedded into an h-s stock as I don't have funds for Mcmillan as yet cheers.

interesting to hear of anyone using N150 with 140 Amax COAL 2.810 starting powder charge

craig

Hi Craig vhit have data for 139g bullets of there data just use that as it will be the same as your 140g hope this helps.

V-max : Yeah your right, i went onto that site not long after i wrote that and found the data. I've a deep chamber so ill get a bit more powder in there. Going to try 35.5- 39.5. Was hoping for the morn to test but wind is looking around 30-40 mph gusts so ill prob give it a miss this weekend !!!

craig

Archived