6.5x47 barrel life

Does anyone have any insight or experience as to the barrel life on a 6.5x47?

I currently have a Sporting services barrel (border archer) in my AW, barrels about about 3 years old and was fitted to my AE previously, I shoot several times as month but stupidly I'm not sure how many rounds are down it total, it still shoots fine or better than when I first had it, which is why I'm asking the question. The barrels just seem to last on these things. Current load is 123gr scenar at 2870 fps so not a barrel scorcher.

Thanks.

I'm around the 3000 shot count know. Used prob 1500 140g Amax with RL17 at around 2850-2900 fps. The rest with RL15 and 123's at 2950.

Here are recent test results with Elcho 17:

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u41/big-sigh/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=1394265140_zpsbaa92c9e.png

Still seems to shoot. Not really much to choose between them! Anyone tried the 130 VLDs or JLKs?

Does anyone have any insight or experience as to the barrel life on a 6.5x47?

I currently have a Sporting services barrel (border archer) in my AW, barrels about about 3 years old and was fitted to my AE previously, I shoot several times as month but stupidly I'm not sure how many rounds are down it total, it still shoots fine or better than when I first had it, which is why I'm asking the question. The barrels just seem to last on these things. Current load is 123gr scenar at 2870 fps so not a barrel scorcher.

Thanks.

Can't you tell from your reloading records? I just go through my reloading book, count up what I've loaded, look in the gun cupboard to see how many rounds are in it. Take the number of rounds remaining away from the number of rounds loaded and that gives me my round count.

Regards

JCS

Archived