Transporting Ammo on a Plane

Flying with BA next week with rifle and ammo. They say that ammo has to be in a secure case packed inside hold luggage. They say that secure means locked.

Would something like this be OK or any other suggestions?

is252028.jpg

Thanks

Jerry

Not sure if yours is a wise coice.

I have a Peli 1430 that fits 150 rounds in three MTM boxes and has advantage of foam lining, provision for two padlocks and is waterproof.

You will have to consider the weight limit for ammo with most airlines is 4.5 to 5kg (dependant on airline) too.

Jerry

that looks just fine, I would place my rounds in an MTM case inside the box anyway so they dont get damaged, check the internal dimensions of the Peli before you buy to make sure it would fit.

The Peli's are a great case and come in handy as a mobile car safe etc when your'e not using it for the main purpose anyway.

Jerry

that looks just fine, I would place my rounds in an MTM case inside the box anyway so they dont get damaged, check the internal dimensions of the Peli before you buy to make sure it would fit.

The Peli's are a great case and come in handy as a mobile car safe etc when your'e not using it for the main purpose anyway.

Thanks, the meaurements work and will easily fit 80 in so I will give them a bell tomorrow to see if I can get one here by Thursday.

Jerry

Hi Jerry

I use exactly that make/type of case for storing & transporting some of my blood transfusion equipment used by the British Army in Iraq & Afgansistan.

We are 4 months into a 12 month trial & so far they have withstood everything the army has thrown at them. :D

Chris

Hi

I use a water tight MTM ammo can and locked it with a small pad lock. I then had all my ammo in the small MTM ammo boxes.I manage to carry 3oo rounds of 6Br ammo in side it all. It was safe and the airport was happy with this set up.

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/rifle/rifl.html

Dogfox

Hi I am due my first safari trip and need to transport 60 rounds of ammo

I picked up this thread by accident

I had the impression that ammo has to be in a metal case am I wrong??????

This I metal case rule has been stipulated by IATA but intrepreted individualy by airlines

Any real life experience would be appreciated - my trip is to Zimb

londonhunter

Peli 1430 case - already answered in your other thread.

Enjoy your trip,

what part of Zim are you going, I have close friend who has PH contacts there?

Archived