Badger m2008 action..

Exeter lad

You'll be lucky

Plenty of other Magnum bolt faced actions that will do the job equally as well if not better

Surgeon

Nesika

Borden

Stiller

Barnard P

etc etc etc etc etc

I'm sure chris f of this forum got one to NZ but it took an age have a butchers on the search function.

Why wouldn't you just go the AI route? I'm more than happy with my stiller 300 tac though.

I have customs actions & factory actioned rifles , and for my 2 cents , you are better OFF getting factory , and if the factory rifle is not available in the calibre you want , just swap out the barrel and call it a day .

I have Surgeons , Badger M2008s in SA & LA , and have AI AWs etc , and when you spec a custom rifle , the price is the same or dearer than going top factory , ie AI , all these customs , are to me not as GOOD as a real AI rifle .

You will not get any M2008s , as they are not longer made , the new model is the M2013 .

As good as the M2008s are in both SA & LA formats , they are NOT as good as the real AI actions , I can say this , as I have both .

In short , get a AI rifle and be happy .

And I know thats not what you wanted to hear .

Later Chris

Well my mate Carl has an AI but I wanted one in a magnum calibre.. Not willing to pay the price tag though! Nothing wrong with my rem 700 action but wen you cycle an AI it gets my brain thinking :-( lol

Then the stiller tac300 is a damm good action, my full rifle build cost me a lot sight less than an AI, and secondhand magnum ones hardly ever come up for sale

• 2 weeks later...

Just saying , as I have gone the custom route with Surgeons & Badgers etc , by Badger M2008 actioned rifle is very good , never had a feed or extraction problem with it ever , and although its basicallly a AI AWM 300WM clone , its not as good as the real thing .

To me the cost of either the Badger M2008 or a real AI AW is very close , when you use top grade parts , barrels , triggers etc , and good smith , and then paint it etc , etc , so in my experience the price difference is rather close ( I had thought it would be a lot cheaper ) , and as such my advice to myself or others would be to buy the real thing .

Thats been my experience , and I know that does not sit well , with guys wanting to custom build a rifle , their dream gun etc , also realise , when you build a custom , mix and match gun , and all the bits are made by different makers , they may work or they may not , and remember the factory gun has been designed as a complete rifle design , rather than a committe gun ,

Later Chris

Archived