T3 Tactical rail

Well here is the new tactical rail from EGW in the states.

It's steel. It's black. It's too long and after customs caught me out this time i was only a tenner better off going to the states for it.

The scope only just clears the rail end so i may grind it off and use Kold Black is you can still get that stuff. Yes i could use higher mounts but i like to keep the scope as close to the boreline as poss.

The rail came with screws and it utilises all 4 holes and not 3 as some aftermarket rails do..

I've used a thin tape between the rail and the action so the receiver wont mark up in use..

Would i go to the US again for such things? Dunno.. It always seems so cheap until things go wrong and this is the second time i've not been 100% happy about the outcome of buying direct from abroad..

DSCF0327.jpg

The rail set the rifle off nicely, but I would be tempted to mill it flush with the front of the reciever?

remember a chain is only as strong as the weakest link ?

• 3 weeks later...
Well here is the new tactical rail from EGW in the states.

It's steel. It's black. It's too long and after customs caught me out this time i was only a tenner better off going to the states for it.

I 'machined' one of these to fit my M595 :rolleyes:

Looks a bit messy under the mounts but at the price EGW sell them; a bargain. Even if a bit of butchery renders them completely worthless for resale! They haven't moved a bit either, after 4-500 rounds so solid enough.

Robbie

Archived