I got my certificate back

njc110381

I got home today to find my certificate on the door mat. My variation was successful for the .223+mod. The 6.5x55 and .223 are for cleared land only, but the .22lr and .17hmr are open. I'm very happy with that, as the main of my shooting is with the HMR.

So, a semi open ticket in less than 4 months. It is possible :o

It's great! I can go out without my mentor (scary stuff!) and shoot where/when I want to. I can also go out shooting with other people which will be really cool. I was getting to the point of feeling bad about dragging my mentor out. He obviously had to be there for me to shoot and we live about 45mins apart so a quick shoot in the evening was a right pain for one of us. At least now when I ask him if he wants to go out he can say no without feeling like he's messed up my plans.

I'm happy enough with the 6.5 being cleared land only, although the .223 would have been nice open. I fully understand why it's not though, and I'm over the moon that they even considered opening my rimfires so soon. For the moment all my ground I would shoot with the two bigger guns is cleared anyway, so it's not a problem.

I'm glad I asked now. I doubted that I would get it myself if I'm honest, but I figured that it was worth asking. The worst outcome would have been getting told I couldn't have it, which isn't the end of the world is it?

I thought I'd get more replies than this, even if it was the people who said I wouldn't get it calling me a smart ass! :mellow:

Guest varmartin

Glad you have got things sorted out , Life will be a bit easier now for you now the reins have been relaxed a bit. :mellow:

Shoot safe and good luck in the future.

Shoot safe is the main thing. I'm feeling quite nervous about going out on my own. I know I'll be ok and I'm safe, but it's big step from being watched by someone who seems to know the answer to everything! I'll be like a baby without a dummy for the first few trips :mellow:

Yet another example of how the so called firearms enquiry officers get a reputation for being like the bloody Gestapo!

And the real travesty of justice is we let them get away with it!!!! Of course the real jewel in the whole affair is that we are grateful for them to give us a little leeway when the reality is they are acting outside the law and their powers, NOW that is sweet.............. real sweet.

I think you've covered it nicely there silent. Shooting can be very boring on your own! I am pleased though as in the summer I like to just wander out for half an hour, shoot some dinner and go home again. I think the best bit is that I have a lot of shooting buddies with open tickets. Now I can go along with them and shoot with my rifles.

I'm very lucky around my way, we don't seem to have many antis

Archived