Riflesmith in / near East Lothian

Thank you for the replies.

In addition to Borders there are also Gunshops in Duns, Norham, Long Framlington and a couple in or near Carlisle that I am aware of,

However I am really looking for recommendations as to where you would take your pride and joy.

Not 100% on Duns but I don't think he does threading, just sells guns and accessories, Norham, the same, all the barrel work is done in Edinburgh, Next will be Weldon Gunroom they do barrel work but have odd opening times and the wait varies,as does price. No experience of the Cumbrians. I've had barrels done by Borders (ring first, they might fit you in there and then), no problems with the quality. If you don't mind a longer drive, theres Bowtec custom rifles in Birtley Co Durham

Les Bacon head gun smith at border barrels . he will be doing his own thing when they move the factory in a few weeks .

I heard that, he built my mates 7wsm and did the load development. After seeing and shooting a rifle he built I'd go this route

I heard that, he built my mates 7wsm and did the load development. After seeing and shooting a rifle he built I'd go this route

Yes Les is a really nice guy to deal with , I shoot with him in the F Class league along with Gordon ex Border production manager .

There guns always shoot and Les does all the work on them

Yes Les is a really nice guy to deal with , I shoot with him in the F Class league along with Gordon ex Border production manager .

My mate had the same opinion of him, to answer the Edinburgh question, from what I gather its Dickson & McNaughton, I think the owner of the Norham shop (Castle Gunmakers) used to work for them

My mate had the same opinion of him, to answer the Edinburgh question, from what I gather its Dickson & McNaughton, I think the owner of the Norham shop (Castle Gunmakers) used to work for them

That's interesting - I had thought that the Dickson's workshop was in Dunkeld behind the Hydro - have they moved back into Edinburgh?

Les Bacon head gun smith at border barrels . he will be doing his own thing when they move the factory in a few weeks .

Where will he be based please?

That's interesting - I had thought that the Dickson's workshop was in Dunkeld behind the Hydro - have they moved back into Edinburgh?

You're probably right on the location, I was told by the shop that threading work would be done off site. I assumed Edinburgh as that was where they had moved from,

Archived