FEO visit

tony

Just had a visit from my feo re renew firearms cert.

Have open cert currently so requested same with vermin, fox, deer etc. With addition of some target shooting with my 6.5x47 only, he says that I must have the name of a shooting club on the application form to enable me to use it on a range????

Do I need this as I am a member of BDS, NRA, have a shooters certificate enabling me to shoot on any range with permission etc etc, I am confused??

This confused me not long ago, I took the reading on the cert to mean I could visit any authorised range as long as it was an "approved range".

Spud, I have added the club on my cert, but in general, would I need to have all the clubs I may join listed on my cert?

atb

Jamie

It's a querk of the licensing system in a way, if all your firearms are initially authorised for field shooting. The police like to list a primary club on your FAC, if you intend to target shoot - thereby providing good reason. Most of the time one fullbore club that shoots everything is all that needs be listed (NRA or FCSA etc.), but if one club only shoots smallbore and another only shoots target shotgun (& you wish to shoot both), then both would need to be listed.

Hopefully that makes some sense?

Hi Tony. When you go to the range make sure you add your name to the list of people shooting. ie. use your NRA card in the machine at bisley or such like then when renual comes again you have proof of range attendance. I think you need at least 3 a year but not sure on that. Regards. V

Archived