Hi there, I'm pritty new to this site, up to scratch I've read some really interesting articles on all sorts of topics on long distance varminting and loading info.im wondering if anybody has any loading info,(velocity's) on the 7mm SAUM.at the moment I've loaded some rounds with Berger 180 vld with 61.4 grains of vihtavuori N165.

Regards Mick

I have a SAUM too. Just in final stages of tweaking my loads.

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/21385-my-7mm-saum-build/

I put a few stings of my best performing powder charges over the Chrono last week to get a good average.

H1000 with 160gr Accubonds,

63.8grn = 3013fps Av

65grn = 3056fps Av

N560 with 168gr Bergers Hunting vld,

60.6grn = 2925fps Av

Hi there, thank you both for the help, it greatly appreciated,I did get some load dater with the rifle, which it does seem to shooter very well, but I need to chrono then I can istreloc it, the trouble with me, I'm a sucker for anything different!! The rifle is a barnard mag action barttlein 30" barrel,and has been a very successful f class rifle, I've bought it wanting to long range varminting,

Regards Mick.

Hi there, thank you both for the help, it greatly appreciated,I did get some load dater with the rifle, which it does seem to shooter very well, but I need to chrono then I can istreloc it, the trouble with me, I'm a sucker for anything different!! The rifle is a barnard mag action barttlein 30" barrel,and has been a very successful f class rifle, I've bought it wanting to long range varminting,

Regards Mick.

Sounds nice.

Won't 180 vlds be a bit big for varminting?

Splat effect try 162 a-max great on varmints at range u get a good pop if you spit the fast enough

I use hunt vlds with modified meplats to get more expansion but it's not the same fun

Archived