AR15 interest in the UK?

Guest HendersonDefense

Guest HendersonDefense

Hello,

This is my first post and I was referred here by several members of PigeonwatchUK because of the type of rifles I manufacture. I am from Las Vegas, NV in the United States of America and manufacture AR15/M4's, AK47's and other Post Sample machineguns. The name of my company is Henderson Defense Industries, LLC.

One of my very good friends is from London (he's been here for 3 years now) and told me that the weapons I manufacture would definitely sell in the UK. I was under the impression that the UK didn't allow the possession of firearms and he explained to me the concept of the straight pull. Because I am a Federally licensed 07 manufacturer of firearms I can build straight pull rifles that are in compliance with UK laws.

I received quite a few responses from the other website but again, several members IM'ed me and said that the members there were not as interested in "black rifles" as the members of this site may be.

So, what is your folks opinion on exporting the rifles to the UK? We retail M4 carbine rifles here in the States for $850. They include detachable carry handle, two 30-round magazines, tactical one-point sling and cleaning kit. The rifle comes standard with A2 pistol grip, detachable carry handle, M4-profile barrel and M4 collapsible stock. We are also dealers for accessories like Tango Down, Magpul and most other companies here in the States.

Also, I know this sounds a bit extreme but we can manufacture straight pull M60 GPMG's according to the information that I received from other folks in the UK. All parts are brand-new, unissued and have never been used on a semi or full-auto weapon. The M60 GMPG is still in limited service with most NATO countries and is the only belt-fed weapon that I can obtain the parts for that have never been assembled on another firearm. This would NOT be cheap though :)

Any responses or advice is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Ron

Guest HendersonDefense

Here are some pics of the rifles but these were just taken at the house. I am in the process of getting a website developed and professional photos taken.

twinm4autovb4.jpg

One of the rifle is a stock M4 and the other has a Yankee Hill Manufacturing free floating one-piece handguard. We can also provide 18" mid-length and 20" barrels with free float tubes from PRI, Daniel Defense, Midwest Armory or YHM.

Also, us "Yanks" never know when you Brits are going to try and come back and reclaim this land as the Queen's, we have to train our boys and girls just in case you guys come a knock'n :)

postwiki2sd7.jpg

postwiki1ej8.jpg

boo3zu3.jpg

I am sure that the price would be higher in the UK for the rifles because of import duties and Proof House testing on the barrels but I am sure that they wouldn't be priced to high.

thanks,

Ron

Welcome to the board Sir.

There is a fairly good market for the "black rifle" here, albeit in a castrated form.There are two if not three companies doing them, the biggest being the southern gun company, who actually manufacture all the parts here, and in fact, ship recievers etc over to you guys.I have one of these myself, and love it.

The other one, is low mill ranges here in cumbria, who do them, and also cactus arms, and bremmer arms.

If you could produce a saleable rifle for £800 here, you would find a market, as the cheapest here is around that, and the sgc ones a lot more.

This country would benefit greatly from someone who could supply all the bolt on goodies available, forends, grips, sights, etc, as we currently have to import from brownells etc, who dont have a great range of bits for them.

Guest HendersonDefense

Thank your for the input and advice gentlemen. I really would like to export these rifles to the UK if possible and all the information is much appreciated.

Also, I was looking into "black rifles" that I could assemble from brand new parts and found that there is a huge supply of unissued L1A1 and FAL parts available here in the States. This would allow a straight pull FAL/L1A1 rifle to be manufactured from parts that were not previously on a semi-automatic or full-automatic rifle as prescribed by UK firearm laws. I don't know what the price would be but I can "assume" it would be in upper $900US because of the parts all being unissued.

thanks,

Ron

Thank your for the input and advice gentlemen. I really would like to export these rifles to the UK if possible and all the information is much appreciated.

Also, I was looking into "black rifles" that I could assemble from brand new parts and found that there is a huge supply of unissued L1A1 and FAL parts available here in the States. This would allow a straight pull FAL/L1A1 rifle to be manufactured from parts that were not previously on a semi-automatic or full-automatic rifle as prescribed by UK firearm laws. I don't know what the price would be but I can "assume" it would be in upper $900US because of the parts all being unissued.

thanks,

Ron

Ron,

PM coming your way..

JR

Archived