great evening out with 6PPC

varminter

Went out last saturday for a early evening varminting session and when i arrived in the field it had been cut for silage :lol:

Well the first field was full of crows so pinged the first one 314yds - got that one , and then the second one 320yds - bang!! thats number 2 ..DSCF1296.jpg

Gave varmartin a bell and off we went for some bunnie bashing with 22 , we seen a couple of foxes at long range but they did not hang around for long!! ( too busy mousing )

We arrived back after going to another farm , at the same place i shot the crows - so i said to varmartin " try a call" . We started calling and soon picked up a fox in the lightforce blitz lamp ( with orange filter ) ..

This fox , like the others ,was too busy mousing on the fresh cut silage .. So it was now 02.30 in the morning and there was no wind whatsoever ( perfect conditions) , varmartin fired the lamp up and i ranged the fox at 424yds , varmartin turned the lamp off and i dialled the correction for range and got set up on my jeep roof with sand bags while varmartin took off filter on lamp!!!

So i wound the mag up to 20x and stuck a 58 v-max round in to 6PPC , then varmartin put the lamp on and called the fox - the fox just stood there looking back - so i stuck the cross hares on the shoulder /neck juction - bang!! - thud!!

One 424yds fox , shot went exactly where i aimed.......

So perfect conditions + good mate on lamp + spot on load data = fantastic results :( :(

Thanks varmartin :( :(

Would also like to say a big thankyou to our main man "charlie hunter" for his wisdom and taking us out!!! :D :D

The 424yds fox.............DSCF1300-1.jpg

All the best...................

RAY............................. :(:D

You ait gotta' thank me pard I never said you could shoot that range you taught yourself to do that. Now if you learnt any thing from me it would have been field craft and you would be skillfull at getting closer :lol: or getting him come to you :D

You ait gotta' thank me pard I never said you could shoot that range you taught yourself to do that. Now if you learnt any thing from me it would have been field craft and you would be skillfull at getting closer :( or getting him come to you :(

Thanks guys :( :(

Just thanking you nigel for taking us boys out lamping with you and seeing how different calls work , And as for getting foxes closer - i dont want them to be a blurr in the scope to find out the fox is sitting on me lap!!!! :lol::D:(

All the best...............

RAY...................... :D :D

Outstanding shot ray especialy on the lamp,you must have been chuffed with a shot like that even with your equipment and experience

Well done Ray, the combination of rangefinder and ballistics chart seems to work :lol::D:D

Guest varmartin

Ray...you know what they say...You cant shoot that which promotes growth and vigour at night without a good lamp man.

Now keep that rose tinted filter for the Sunlamp when your working on your tan :lol::D

Good shooting mate, now i have got to learn to squeek em in close so i can bag a few.. :D:(

Martin

As always guys thanks for your comments ;) ;)

Good when you have a rifle / load combination that works well ;)

All the best...................

RAY...................... :D;)

Awesome shooting mate , well done. I bet you were buzzing after that shot !!!

certinly was buddy ;) ;)

All the best...........

RAY...................... ;) ;)

Went out with good friend charlie hunter lamping last friday and manged 32 bunnies and a nice 250 yds fox...............DSCF1309.jpg

A memorable evening.............

All the best.................

RAY..................... :lol: :lol:

Archived