Mini Driven/Rough Shoot, Near Plymouth, Sat 4th Jan - £30 per gun...

I've got five spaces avalible for this Saturday 4th January on my River Tamar shoot, located near Weir Quay, Devon.

It's a mixture of mini driven and walked up on phesant & snipe + an evening wild duck & goose flight, starting at 10.30am till 6pm ish. Expect to cover a few miles through the day on moderate marsh terrain - wellies essential. The shoot is around 250 acres, that uniquely includes 1.5 miles of tidal river access.

No promises made on bag numbers, but should be a very enjoyable day. On Monday we had 40 birds in the bag between 6 guns....so plenty around.

Non-toxic shot required for the wildfowl and each gun must have their own insurance, B.A.S.C etc.

£25 per gun for the day + £5 or so for the beaters tips.

Cheers,

Tiff

Bloody bargin would have happily joined you is I wasn't stuck on a tin can.

Good sport Tiff enjoy

Bloody bargin would have happily joined you is I wasn't stuck on a tin can.

Good sport Tiff enjoy

Thanks, it should be a good day and the weather doesn't even look too bad. Amazingly, so far I've only got 4 guns coming, myself included…..

mad......bargain price for a day...

Thanks, still couldn't fill the day unfortunately - two local guns, a friend from Southampton & myself.

The bag was small, but good quality driven birds, with a fair few quality misses thrown in…..12 pheasants, a teal & widgeon.

The wild duck held off coming in till after 17.15 (dark…), but then came in reasonably thick and fast with about 50 crossing the line from 10'-75' above our heads. You hear them coming, a second later sight them in the lighter sky to the west and must shoot immediately; before they seemingly drop out of the sky to land on pitch black ponds at your feet. Great fun to shoot and was slightly amusing watching the neighbouring gun literally duck after receiving the first flypast from the opposite direction at 10', catching him completely by surprise!

Archived