Load testing with sound mod

308precision

Hi there I would like some help

Q1. Iam looking to work up a load for my 308 with varget and burger 155g hybrids but I can't get time on a range but I can get about 300y on ground I shoot on I need to have a sound mod on the rifle would the mod effaced my data when I shoot on the range without the mod

Q2. What loads of varget should I start with.

Lapua Palma brass

Burger 155g hybrids

Varget powder

Federal Mach primer

Rifle barrel 24" 1:12

I shoot mostly 300y, 500y and 600y

Thanks for replying the barrel is tapered, 24" long, fluted Harvey profile it is about 23mm at crowns the barrel is a Luther weather barrel

I need a load worked up so I just need to do the fine tuning on the range ie length, ect

Hi just a question why not use the mod on the range

I've mostly found with my rifles / loads that when I've found a good load it shoots just as well with the mod on or off. There is always a POI shift of course but once you know what that is you can correct accordingly. The only way to tell I guess is to go out and try it.

I use 46.9 of varget in my 1 in 12 twist 32 inch barrel , don't know if that is safe for you with a shortest barrel, I also use the 155 berger hybrids and same brass and it gives half MOA out to 800 yards.

Hi the hillhunter that is a very good result my rifle is a voere LBW it has a .338 action I can change the barrel I sec's just two bolts and change the bolt face to suit cal it is a very will made rifle I am useing lapua 155g heads with 47.5g of verget but no makes on the case at all the only down side is

The wide at 600y blows it about to much so am looking the try barger they have a better BC and ment to take the wide better

Thank you for your info it is helpful I'll be doing a lader test before I start I mite be mad massing about lol if you don't try if you don't know

Archived