sako quad

Thought about it myself at one point but didn't like the plastic stock. I think you can get a wooden stock now that would probably be better.

I would opt for the CZ and save your money towards more ammo.

I should think GMK will have them Pete. The last wooden stocked one we had was an unbelievable piece of walnut, absolutely covered in figuring. They aren,t finnfire,s , but they shoot exceptionally well. I think the switch barrel idea is excellent, if you havent got a rimmy of any sort, then a .22 and a .17hmr barrel would give a great package.If you go this route, check out the dedicated burris scope, especially made for the quad, its a nice bit of kit.

I have a Quad with .22lr & .17hmr barrels. The .17 is incredibly accurate and shoots 1/2 moa with all ammo i've tried inc remy, fed and hornady.

The .22 barrel does the job very well with subs, i hit what i aim at with it.

I've used a number of scopes on it. never wanted the Burris dedicated scope as i figured with a small objective lens, it would be crap for lamping.

I have to remove the scope each time i change barrel and so i use two scopes, one for each caliber. With roll off mounts it's no more trouble than changing barrels, takes seconds.

I use the same SAK mod for both calibers with no probs..

Small objective lense sizes are only crap when they have poor lenses...the burris doesn,t. Its spec is 2-7 x 32 [ if i remember correctly] so if its set between 4 and 5 power, you would get an almost perfect 7mm exit pupil, or thereabouts, which is the same a s a 6x42 or an 8x56. The burris doesn,t need to be removed for a barrel change either.

I have a Quad with .22lr & .17hmr barrels. i have the plastic stock with the space from gmk they are both very accurate i have a Leopold 30mm on it is the 4-14-40 side force and varmint reticle you can remove barrel without touching the scope

IMG_0296Medium.jpg

this is at Yard of by-pod with TNT

IMG_0667.jpg

Small objective lense sizes are only crap when they have poor lenses...the burris doesn,t. Its spec is 2-7 x 32 [ if i remember correctly] so if its set between 4 and 5 power, you would get an almost perfect 7mm exit pupil, or thereabouts, which is the same a s a 6x42 or an 8x56. The burris doesn,t need to be removed for a barrel change either.

Thanks baldie i'll bare that in mind...

Grant..

Guest sako123

hiya there dont hesitate with the sako quad there brill especially in 22 and 17 hmr i know coz thats what i use with a 6-42 zeiss on top and a sako mode. ;)

Archived