Benelli M2 ComforTech 10 shot

I've owned it from new (2 to 3 years) and brought it with the intention of doing practical shotgun, but never got around to it. It's seen between 2,000 - 2,500 cartridges pigeon shooting, lamping and clays. I simply don't use it, since I'm more into long range rifle shooting…..

It's spec is:

Benelli M2 Comfortech 12g, 24" ventilated rib barrel, 3+1. Original carry case, full set Crio Chokes, manual, shims etc. (basically everything you get new)
Nordic +6 Tube & Spring- converting it to 9+1.
Nordic Barrel Clamp
Nordic Picatinny Mount for Clamp - enables torches/lasers to be mounted easily (great foxing).
Nordic Teflon Coated follower
Nordic Speed Bolt (Light weight so doesn't slow the bolt)
Nordic Speed button (still in packet & would need fitting)

I took advice from all the top PSG guys and this was 'The Spec' to have for it's class. Because it is as short as legally possible, the weight is not that far forward (mag tube finishes 1/2 inch before the barrel ends), so you don't notice any real change in the balance/handling.

Condition is very good to excellent, with only a couple of light marks on the action (from the bolt moving), a few very light surface scratches to the plastic, surface wear marks on the barrel/mag tube where the clamp sits and slight scuffing to the recoil pad from use. I'm fairly picky and like to look after my kit…It's basically almost new, having never been used for PSG or anywhere near a barricade!

It cost me £1,500 or so to put together - Midway UK gives an idea on all the Nordic bits....

I would like £1,075 posted to your RFD or £1,050 collected. A lot cheaper than anything of similar spec. on Guntrader.

I also have a 24" full Hushpower conversion barrel that I would sell with the shotgun for £225 or separately for £250 + fees.

Cheers,

Tiff

2013-12-16133051_zps0378367c.jpg

2013-12-16133204_zps353cd9a7.jpg

2013-12-16133247_zps65efbab7.jpg

2013-12-16133304_zpsfd4281f2.jpg

2013-12-16133319_zps5a41061b.jpg

2013-12-16133350_zps7a0872cf.jpg

2013-12-16133429_zps393c5eba.jpg

N.B. Sorry about the picture quality, only had the camera phone to hand. Also for sale elsewhere.

Here is a picture of the Hushpower - the barrel inside is ported for maximum sound suppression.

4-Ht-F3t3qeknBBNhmjdNkCvMhPi0x-uqP41Xklv

It is the most used part of the set-up…there are a few light hide scratches to the moderators paintwork (nothing to touch up) and it is missing the front bead (since it never lined up very well). There is also no choke fitted, but simply takes standard full m2 Crio choke. London proofed in 2008 from reading the marks, with a standard 3" chamber.

I found that lighter hushpower subsonic's require the bolt to be manually operated most of the time, although was very quiet! With normal loads it cycled well and still offered a very good reduction in noise.

N.B. It only works as a 2+1 or 3+1 FAC, with the standard end cap - due to the moderators diameter. It is listed on my FAC as a spare barrel.

Can you shoot slugs through it?

I really don't know to be honest. I've never thought about it. This is all the information I have:

"The Hushpower range can be shot with any cartridges suitable for the chamber length of each model, BUT for maximum noise reduction and safety we recommend FELT wad, subsonic cartridges.

If you have to use plastic wadded cartridges, be extra vigilant about ensuring the barrel is clear after each shot.

If you are using a multichoke Hushpower, you must use 1⁄2 choke or tighter. If you wish to use a more open choke please contact Hushpower first on +44 (0)1959 573089."

If it can go on my sgc as a spare barrel I'll have it ?

Ok, Hushpower barrel very provisionally sold to you, pending something I hadn't considered - It is currently listed on my FAC

"12 bore, Benelli Spare Barrel"

Thus I cannot sell it to you for an SGC, but if it went to your RFD (which I'm presuming it would given your location?) they may then be able to sell it to you? I don't know and would be grateful if anyone whom does know could shed some light on it….

I'll call D&C firearms headquarters in the morning and try and get some clarity - possibly a big ask…..

Cheers,

Tiff

I had an FAC REMMY 1100 and brought a hush power barrel for it on my sgc , it reduced the capacity to 5+1 from 10+1 but Cambs were fine with it on my sgc ? However things change but it's not the barrel but the mag capacity that makes a scatter gun either FAC or SGC ?

Archived