lamping from a vehicle ,

cmsds

It's illegal to shoot any GAME at night with a lamp. It is illegal to shine a light on roosting birds at night. It's ilegal to shoot deer at night, (My understanding of it anyway) though a special licence can be granted in cull situations but that isn't for the likes of us.

How about on a full moon night :) or snow on the ground, I've shot plenty of foxes in the snow no lamp at all ;)

How about on a full moon night :) or snow on the ground, I've shot plenty of foxes in the snow no lamp at all ;)

Makes no difference as to the light source it's illegal to shoot game between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise. This being the time stated for the day ie; sunrise 06:00 sunset 18:30 etc so you can shoot from 05:30 to 19:30 while it may be light enough to shoot say after 19:30 it would be illegal

exception being under license for crop protection for instance.

You cannot shoot from the top of your vehicle if your still on a public highway

That's interesting. I can see that it would not be sensible to do it except under very carefully-chosen circumstances, but is it actually unlawful?

That's interesting. I can see that it would not be sensible to do it except under very carefully-chosen circumstances, but is it actually unlawful?

Correct me if I'm wrong but as in a lot of cases the land owner owns to the centre of the highway then surely its only an offence if you interrupt endanger etc

I thought it was illegal to lamp deer and shoot them from a vehicle or is it just illegal to lamp them unless you have a licence

It's illegal to lamp a deer.

You can't use any form of light source, or image intensifying device for deer, unless under Defra licence.

You can shoot them from a vehicle (assuming that shooting from it is legal otherwise) but, only after stopping the engine, if it's running, it's illegal.

Can't see what difference it makes, but that's the law.

It's illegal to lamp a deer.

You can't use any form of light source, or image intensifying device for deer, unless under Defra licence.

You can shoot them from a vehicle (assuming that shooting from it is legal otherwise) but, only after stopping the engine, if it's running, it's illegal.

Can't see what difference it makes, but that's the law.

Swamp donkey,

Thanks for confirming that.

Sam

Archived