loading new bullets

ergid

hi ,need some help,I,ve been using 53g hornady v max norma brass and H335 but only got 20 bullets left ,

I bought 200 H v max 50g and thinking what load to use ,I was thinking of starting at 23g or even 24g and working up.

I have a T3 1;12 twist H stainless barrel ,

any sugestions ?

Try the same load to start with, just the seating depth will vary.

Mike

hi Mike the seating depth of the 53g is 2.27 and the 50g is 2.28 but I can only fit a 2.27 in my MAG.

Is there a MAG for a t3 that you can use,or is there a way round this?

hi Mike the seating depth of the 53g is 2.27 and the 50g is 2.28 but I can only fit a 2.27 in my MAG.

Is there a MAG for a t3 that you can use,or is there a way round this?

Why not try the 50s at 2.27?If you have not shot the 50s yet,you won't know the 'optimum' seating depth,anyhow.Many rifles are not THAT fussy about a few thou seating depth in practical accuracy terms-see commercial ammo!

Gbal

Ergrid,

Try exactly the same load, oal included, and only adjust it if you have to, suspect the 50's will shoot very similarly as my brother and mate have done the same exercise in reverse( gone from 50 to 53 grns) with a T3 and a Sako 85. As Gbal says 2 or 3 thou won't make a difference you can see on target,10-20 thou will.

Mike

Why not try the 50s at 2.27?If you have not shot the 50s yet,you won't know the 'optimum' seating depth,anyhow.Many rifles are not THAT fussy about a few thou seating depth in practical accuracy terms-see commercial ammo!

Gbal

Yes I,m going to start with the 50s with 23 g and the same length,but up to what load should i go and be safe?

Hodgdon book max is 26gr. I imagine you could push it to 27gr depending on your chamber/rifle but that's your call

I'm assuming this is a .223

yes its a 223,so what speed would a 50g be doing with 26gr hodgdon.

Archived