goood night out 4 vixens and a dog fox

dogfox

Well the lads and I went out last night for a look around.It has been a long time since we been out lamping as we have been busy on the deer. Well Sean had chance to try out his new blaser rifle with a 22.250 barrel and it acounted for the first two foxes of the night ( it had a total of 3 for the night). The first shot was a cracker.The fox was facing towards him lying down and he shot it straight in the head

I am not a lover of the blaser rifle .But I have to say that it shoots nice tight groups and it seems to like the 52 grain Amax bullets.

The old 220 swift account for a good range fox.It was out about 160 yards and then on the way home Twanky had one with 22.250 Tikka.

We saw a total of nine foxes and acounted for five which 4 were vixens.The farmers will be happy as they have just starting to lamb.

p1000431ey0.jpg

Shot at 2008-02-27

thats good going how long was you lot out for ,im home by 11oclk ..could of had two last night but not safe to take the shot on the first one as my lamping buddy had the lamp at its feet and all i could see was bard wire and twigs in front of it , it just walked off its there for another night ,second one run like hell :lol: that middle fox looks a good size

Nice going mate the foxes look in good nick,I did the same last nite had 5 :lol: seen another 4 but they didnt like the lamp :lol: ,but the others come to the call really well ,Iv tried the blazer , as you said tight groups but theres something that just dont seem right about them :lol:

Archived