night vision spotting scope

cmsds

PVS 14 is your best bet but not cheap. Pulsar recon with tons of IR if you don't want to spend a wedge. Thats what i have found. There is boys on here with lots more expeirence than me with NV i am sure they will chip in.

Cheers Sean

hi anyone got any advice I am looking for a good quality night vision spotting scope, I need it to look out at about 200/300 yards

PVS 18 or 14 with the mil spec 3 times lens attached via a DSA is a top bit of spotting kit, also a Starlight Archer matched with a PVS 3 times spotting lens will also work very well. The best bit of kit for spotting has to be Thermal these days, it allows you to spot way past the 2/300 mark and pick up is almost instant. If your budget permits then thermal is the way forward for spotting.

Regards

223magic

hi anyone got any advice I am looking for a good quality night vision spotting scope, I need it to look out at about 200/300 yards

hi I have just bought a Pulsar recon 750 and have attached a NMaster 400 ir,

verdict ,well I had a Yukon pro and the Pulsar beats it hands down ,

its half the price ,

double the field of view ,

you can change the contrast from Black -white to Red or Green ,

I prefer the Green .

you can use it with one hand ,

as regards to distance 200y -300y no problem ,I was using it last night and it will scan out way past 300y.

I also have an Archer this has a better image but is 4x the cost .

for the money I would go for the Pulsar Recon 750,

hope this helps.

PVS 18 or 14 with the mil spec 3 times lens attached via a DSA is a top bit of spotting kit, also a Starlight Archer matched with a PVS 3 times spotting lens will also work very well. The best bit of kit for spotting has to be Thermal these days, it allows you to spot way past the 2/300 mark and pick up is almost instant. If your budget permits then thermal is the way forward for spotting.

Regards

223magic

hi, have been looking at thermal what do you think of FLIR 24,34, they seem compact and light to cary .

hi, have been looking at thermal what do you think of FLIR 24,34, they seem compact and light to cary .

cant comment I have A Pulsar HD38 as does camo304 on here and iam happy with it. I dare say as time progresses things get better. Like a NV unit they do take a bit of getting used to but a big step forward from spotting with NV.

Good Luck.

Archived