.223 Tactical

davo

Had it a few weeks now still playing around with home loads to see what it preffers to eat!

20" heavy free floating barrel and muzzle break, The new Nikon monarch BDC scope, also got a T8 moderator to save the ears.

Had it a few weeks now still playing around with home loads to see what it preffers to eat!

20" heavy free floating barrel and muzzle break, The new Nikon monarch BDC scope, also got a T8 moderator to save the ears.

hi mate your pic dont come up???????

Not done to much with it yet, I've started reloading so am playing around with loads at the minute, I will shoot longer range paper etc once I've got it fine tuned, but it is definitely a hunting rifle just looking for my first Fox opportunity, there all hiding round here at the moment, I think somebody's tipped them off!!!

Looks good...

You may want to consider some much shorter legs on the bipod tho...

Shorter are sturdier.

I know in some places the grass is abit tall but as tall as those are your

gonna have to kneel to be able to shoot.

Unless your targets are aircraft ?? or 5 miles out....

308Panther

Yep, already thought about changing it to the 9-13", I'd had 'grass' problems with the HMR so thought the longer bi pod would be better for the .223 but as you say it's a tad unstable, gonna get some shooting sticks for those higher shots.

I've just bought a long harris. Very very seldom was the

13" of my other bipod long enough. Even shooting across

a valley lying downhill, legs always too short. I'm useless

of the sticks , got several different ones. So I'll give the 12-25"

a go.

edi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello davo thats a nice tatical you've got there a great rifle im getting seriously good groups with mine and have dropped well over 200 foxes since i got it about 18months ago yours looks fairly short did you go for the 20" barrel?

post-1830-1205277869_thumb.jpg

.223mark,

yes I went for the 20" just trying to balance the slight loss of fps against the added weight of the extra inches, It certainly doesn't affect it's accuracy, I'm still waiting to claim my first Fox or any kill with mine, I've been concentrating more on developing some accurate consistent home loads for it than hunting with it, got a couple of good loads now so soon, real soon 'Charlie's' got a date with a tactical!! :)

I would stick with the 13-27 inch bipod. I had a 9-13 but seldom used it unless it was at full extent. at 13 inches it is stable enough I shot a deer straight through the heart as intended at 185m last week so you should not have any problems with it, a wee tip if you dont already do it is to push lightly against the bipod and it tends to make it more stable. I have used it at 27 inches a few times; to shoot a fox at 90m ish over long grass and I have used it to get enough elevation to get over a hedge that was between me and a deer at approx 90m. In both cases the bullet placement was spot on. I do ok with the sticks but limit my self to a max range of 60m with them.

Dave

Archived