novelty 50 cal bottle openers

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to keep every body up to date iv spoken to the post office again and im not the only one missing post apparently .and they are trying to sort the problem it seems like one of the offices here has had a major cock up .it does seem pretty unbelievable that ten parcels that iv sent have simply vanished into thin air iv got claims forms going in for all the missing ones I know about so far . the best I can do is refund your bottle opener and when it eventually arrives if you feel its worth it mail some money back to me . please pm me if that's what you want otherwise it a waiting game atm

really sorry

smackumdown

After days of ringing royal mail Iv finally spoken to somebody with half a brain cell and he said under some new hazordous goods act brought in this past June they can dispose of what they like and it seems that if you havnt received your bottle opener it has been distroyed so il start refunding those that havnt tonight and until I get a way of sending these without this happening I'm afraid I can't send any more out . If anybody has any good ideas I'm all ears

Thanks Wendon

I did wonder if the issue was a potentially 'hazardous' content-I can see why one would not want to mess with a 50 browning with bullet! (dodgy 'dum dum' at that!)

Given that,what is of some concern is that some did get sent-so the postal screening system is erratic.

Let's hope there is some legitimate way to get round this no doubt well intentioned,if inconsistent,system-which apparently has no follow up when 'live' 50 cal ammo is suspected/found in the post...very reassuring for homeland safety.Damn shame too if this nice idea (to us) ends up with £ losses to W.(thanks for reimbursement meanwhile.Hope you can sort something for Xmas!)

Gbal

Thanks for everyone's understanding I'm hoping there's a way around this ie disguising them some how or something to that effect

They aren't hazardous so I don't have a problem with hiding them in some way just to get them to people if anybody has any ideas please let me know

Thanks smackumdown

I think most are ruled by the same acts/ laws but its worth a go I suppose. I wandered if wrapping them in foil would help ?? I might send a few out to see what happens

Was always told to do this when sending cash, use a empty smarty tube wrapped in foil, bonus you get loads of smarties. :D

I think most are ruled by the same acts/ laws but its worth a go I suppose. I wandered if wrapping them in foil would help ?? I might send a few out to see what happens

When you've finished wrapping your .50 cal bottle openers in tin foil, you may be fortunate enough to have enough left over to make a hat, and this will stop the authorities from reading your mind.

Wendon,

Did the postal service have any suggestions about how to send these inert items? It mst be an issue for other items,perhaps they have a way of doing it.No one seems to have mentioned any such legitimate proceedures,if indeeed they exist. Maybe you did in your enquiries,but if not,seems sensible to ask the authorities for their advice....?

Gbal

Lead foil might work:

http://www.nuclead.com/leadsheet.html

How far are you from Tiff's place? Could I collect one when I do the roundhouse shoot next?

Rich

How far are you from Tiff's place? Could I collect one when I do the roundhouse shoot next?

Rich

He's a friend and not too far away. I would certainly hold onto a few for people if they wanted to collect them at the roundhouse in November....Or if free he could visit and deliver them in person etc.

No problem for me either way if it helps smackumdown out.

Gbal as usual they couldn't get off the phone fast enough and had been lying to me for the last few days sending me round in circles but yes I am looking into as militaria company's get away with it so why can't I .cr18 h yes I could get them to tiffs no problem for the next round house challenge jts il let you know

Mine have just arrived re-packaged and with a letter from RM saying it went through screening as a suspect item but were cleared.

I'll resend the money later today :)

Cheers!

Phil

Wendon,this seems more hopeful.Would a polite enquiry to the RM-you will know where you posted them-be helpful,to see if more of us might expect repackaged deliveries of these cleared 'suspect packages',and if so ,when,approximately?

Even if they are coming,seems like a ' face to face' for xmas presents!-I mean ,risky to send them on to 'recipients'...!!

Gbal

Archived