135gn Sierra's

ricky5042

That's the fun part of shooting, is broading your experience from trying many different bullets, powders, etc...

I have been trying many different bullets in my rifle and gladly to say, try what ever you got but don't waste too much time if it doesn't work. I have for expample tried some Jlk190 vld today and I am not getting the results that was hoping so bye bye, MV, pressure and grouping are all not working for me. Back to what works the best for me Berger 185lrbt.

That's the fun part of shooting, is broading your experience from trying many different bullets, powders, etc...

I have been trying many different bullets in my rifle and gladly to say, try what ever you got but don't waste too much time if it doesn't work. I have for expample tried some Jlk190 vld today and I am not getting the results that was hoping so bye bye, MV, pressure and grouping are all not working for me. Back to what works the best for me Berger 185lrbt.

Hi im glad im not the only one who tries things just because they want to see how they perform :D iv only gone as high as 175gns but id like to try some 180s and 185gns to see if my 1-12 will stabilize them.

Rick

Ah it's all good fun at the end of the day. I don't have many people locally who are going the same route as me in 308 so you just got to keep trying. If it wasn't for all the publication on the Internet I wouldn't even bother. Although their are basics that are required or you really waste money and time.

Set yourself a realistic goal that you want to achieve with your rifle( ie distance, level of accuracy and level of precision) , once you are there the rest is playing about to fine tune. But make sure Rick that you got one load that will work no matter what or you will jo jo about and loose the plot. Would be nice to shoot 100 rounds on a target without thinking of developing a load for once and just focus on reading the wind at a good distance.

Archived