Bean bag rests

Does anyone have experience of any of the fillable bag rests,like Dogone Good,Maxum Fatbag,Allen,Caldwell,Bullbag etc?

I have harris,evo,rempel bipods,and full BR front rests,but these can get awkward/heavy to carry and need a heavy back rest too,so I was tempted by a light polystyrene bead bag,especially for sighting in and the like.I imagine longer is better,so the rifle is totally supported-they seem to vary from 8 to 15 inches.I've no real idea how you adjust for elevation.

Any hands on experiences appreciated-no doubt there are plusses and minuses?

Thanks.

Gbal

hi

i use a dog gone wedge rear bag [being a wedge type i can place it on 3 of the sides for 3 different hights ]

also use a caldwell dead shot front bag

i used to do my load development and zero with a bipod and rear monopod [100yds]

but find the 2 bags i use much more stable to hold on target

the wedge is filled with some form of beads [weighs a 1lb or so]

and the caldwell has some form of sand/cat litter ? [weighs 2lb or so]

I have a cheap two bag set that I filled with sand but found them heavy to cart about. So I emptied that out and used a bag of corn cob media instead TBH I tend to use the rear bag with a bipod but it locks up nicely when squeezed and is light enough to carry.

found its compromise between weight and how good they are.... I have a window bag that I use when zeroing etc too.... sand was really heavy but good hold etc..... polystyrene im told ( haven't used it myself) bit light and moves easier

I had wheat in mine and was good ...heavy ish.... I know others who filled with own brand porridge oats from supermarket...cheap, easy to get and lighter but still works quite well

paul

Archived