What would you do

I've just had my .22-250 rebarreled with a 24" HV 1:9 twist, now I'm used to a sporter profile but wanted a faster twist for 75gn amax, after much trial and error I've come to the conclusion they are a none starter so I've reverted back to 52gn amax which it performs brilliantley with and will probably move to the better BC of the 53gn vmax when I get my hands on some, I rarely use the rifle over 400 and most shots are within 300, now my dilemma, do I chop to a more managable length barrel 20-21" (and loose a bit of MV) or perservere with the 24", currently i have a PES large muzzle can fitted and can't really afford another can so its staying and it performs well.

Confused of Northumberland :blink:

PS Rifle is used purely for vermin

I've just had my .22-250 rebarreled with a 24" HV 1:9 twist, now I'm used to a sporter profile but wanted a faster twist for 75gn amax, after much trial and error I've come to the conclusion they are a none starter so I've reverted back to 52gn amax which it performs brilliantley with and will probably move to the better BC of the 53gn vmax when I get my hands on some, I rarely use the rifle over 400 and most shots are within 300, now my dilemma, do I chop to a more managable length barrel 20-21" (and loose a bit of MV) or perservere with the 24", currently i have a PES large muzzle can fitted and can't really afford another can so its staying and it performs well.

Confused of Northumberland :blink:

PS Rifle is used purely for vermin

A 24 inch HV will seem a litle unblanced for a while-benefits are a litle more velocity,hardly critical,stability and slower barrel warm up-might be helpful. Off a bipod,it should not be noticeable-I'd leave as is and give yourself a chance to get used to it. It will still be/feel heavier than a sporter even if cut down.

Gbal

I'm not overly converted to them Spud,on paper they seem ok but out in the field they are less than impressive (again probably me getting used to the rfile), I've still got a full box to play around with so if I need any more I'll give you a shout

Archived