Factory 223 or semi-custom ?

Bad Wolf

Are there any factory 223 rifles that come with a two stage trigger, screw cut 1/2" UNF and reasonably short barrels (20" or less) ? To be used only for foxing from vehicles. Or do I have to go semi-custom ?

Are there any factory 223 rifles that come with a two stage trigger, screw cut 1/2" UNF and reasonably short barrels (20" or less) ? To be used only for foxing from vehicles. Or do I have to go semi-custom ?

Didn't used to be-I had a Rem600.I admire your design choices-big ,long and heavy has it's place,but not in a cab.

One option is the CZ527 carbine- (223 or 7.62x39)-under £600 new,19"barrel,box mag and barely 6lb weight.You would need some gunsmithing to thread it,and I don't know about 2 stage trigger-but cost is not too bad.

The BRNO Fox in 222 used to be a top cab fox rifle-for similar reasons.

There will be other more expensive options,but for modest money and maximum convenience with dependable performance,CZ is

right up there.The Fox even had a good double set trigger,Detachable box mag was just great in a cab.

Gbal

• 1 month later...

Weatherby vanguard s2 carbine synthetic/phosphate comes exactly as you describe

Archived