Minox

gazzar15

My previous request for advice re scopes was a choice between a Kahles and the XD Meopta. I went for the Meopta and now trying to source one for the best price.

My next scope dilemma revolves around what to use for my 223 rifles.

I had previously used an NXS but that is going to be put to other uses.

Both rifles have a picatinny rail so swapping between the two will be an easy exercise to accomplish utilising throw lever mounts as I never take them both out at the same time and funding means that I don't want to have two high end scopes tied up in that way.

Being as a 223 is relatively easy on recoil I figured that it may be of some merit to consider a more inexpensive scope to perform the required role.............so I been having a mooch.

Looking at the Minox range they appear to be of good quality and relatively inexpensive........ has anybody on here any experience with them?

Would appreciate some input chaps

• 9 months later...

We bought a Minox 3-15x50P with BDC reticle a month or so ago - it's a superb scope and great value for money.

We bought ours from R Macleod of Tain, paid around half retail price - they don't have many left but it might be worth a call.

Yes

I bought one off here a few weeks ago. First impressions are good, nice bright glass and they appear well put together. Hopefully out over the weekend to put it through it's paces ,500 yds Altcar on Sunday.Determined to get a decent session in but weather not looking good.

I wouldn't pay top bat for them as they seem to be a lot more competitively priced now.

I've only ever had high-end German glass before (S&B, Zeiss, Swarovski) but I'm pleasantly surprised with the Minox. Built quality is excellent and the optics very sharp and bright. Only paid about half retail, as gazzar says there are some good deals to be had.

I will buy another Minox scope. Another make to look at very seriously is Vortex.

Sorry but I can't comment vis-à-vis lamping as it's not something I have much if any experience in, but it's not massively fine in comparison to some.

In my experience (30 years roe stalking in all weathers/conditions) I'd say it's a good workable reticle.

imagejpg1.jpg

Archived