a daft ambition fulfilled

abolter

IMG-20130814-00621.jpg

went out last night and finally fulfilled a daft ambition. Shot a fox off a bale!! really pleasing was the fact I popped him in the noggin at about 170m too!!

the other 3 foxes we got did little to worsen the mood :D:D:D

Nice mate, I reckon I've shot 3 maybe 4 sat on a bail in 15 years of shooting them lol. Plenty of time to get another with the harvest about now :)

about 50% down all of a sudden Dave. Barley, rape and wheat all moving at once now!!

Yup it was the 5/35 its all I take the foxes with really (unless stalking). It will have done 50 this year so far

You got yours killing yet??

Yup. Quite pleased with it - sooo easy to shoot, and quiet!. Had longest so far tonight: 288yds. Long way for me - but just aim and shoot @ 4600!!. That's eight this week (and five with NV).

You got yours killing yet??

Yup. Quite pleased with it - sooo easy to shoot, and quiet!. Had longest so far tonight: 288yds. Long way for me - but just aim and shoot @ 4600!!. That's eight this week (and five with NV). (Just got back in - early night tonight!).

What moderator you got on cos mine still makes quite a crack! very very easy to shoot mind you.

Even the 32gr pills can make some big bloomin holes!!

What moderator you got on cos mine still makes quite a crack! very very easy to shoot mind you.

Even the 32gr pills can make some big bloomin holes!!

TET Spartan with 20cal specific baffles.

Damage is erratic. Sometimes leaves tiny holes; sometimes cuts them in half!.

• 2 weeks later...

I was out sunday morning looking for foxes and fallow, happened across 3 large cubs playing on some bales at very first light, got within 50m and waited for all 3 to be aligned (on top on bale) before letting go with a 120gn prohunter from my 6.5 x 47L... Would have been the shot of a lifetime (3 with 1) but the bullet didnt exit the first fox. Proves how unreliable bullet construction can be at times, normally those bullets exit all but the largest of animals.

I gave up on 2fers after only 2 attempts. Once on cubs and once on rabbits. I have heard stories of people shooting 3 deer "accidentally" with the same shot and knew a guy who would often try for pairs. My experience is that its a bad idea, but I'm with you on the shot of a lifetime idea tho (and unreliable bullet behaviour)!!

Archived