6br bushing size

Offroad Gary

What size are you guys using? My new setup came with .268 and .269 bushes but the loaded rounds measure .2685 od, im thinking i need a .265 or .266 for a hunting rifle (cooper m22) with sufficient tension to keep loaded rounds at correct length.

Cheers

My 6BR loaded round neck diameter is 0.2675/0.268. So I am using a 0.267 bushing. I have also bought a 0.266 which I will try out.

My rifle is a BAT action single shot so can have minimum retention, but with a hunting rifle with a magazine, you may want to have more than 1 thou bullet retention and try 2 or 3 thou! Give them a go and test accuracy with different bushings.

Yep, brass is in a gold box and previous owner used to anneal. I only have 35 cases, perhaps need to treat myself to some new stuff. Is there a difference between gold box and blue box? Mine is lapua stamped 6mm br norma, high spots on necks have been turned off

I have read that Blue box brass is thinner in the neck than the old gold cardboard box stuff?

I use a 268/269 bushing using standard unturned Gold box brass in a 6br with a no turn neck chambered 6br.

I use a 266 /267 in a 269 tight neck rifle with turned cases.

Am confused by some advice by you guys???Offroadgary,,,,what is your rifle chamber spec??

blue box is newer stock gary

I know that but ive picked up from other forums there is a difference in neck thickness or something, just havent fully worked it out yet, anyone know? Do i go old stock and keep bushes or new stock and new bush? Also read somewhere new stuff is tight from box so best run expander through first? Any info appreciated- spud im waiting for your usual pm offering me what i need..

Yes the old gold box is regarded as higher quality by many, cant tell the difference personally, but you will need smaller bushings for the blue box brass, however that is all that is now available so your'e stuffed anyway, unless you can find a gold box tucked away on a dealers shelf. Reamers seem to now have also fallen into line with the new brass thickness, again cant tell the difference personally. I find the blue box brass works fine even with a rebarelled Sako for neck tension with a .267 bushing for about 3 firings on non annealled brass, then the bullet grip starts to maybe need to go to a 266/265.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived