NRA Open Day (National Shooting Centre (NSC), Bisley) : Saturday 7 September 2013

Eagernoskill

Hi All

NRA Open Day (National Shooting Centre (NSC), Bisley) : Saturday 7 September 2013

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/calend ... &type=main

The NRA will be holding one of our hugely popular Open Day events where visitors will be able to try shotgun, air rifle, fullbore rifle (F-Class), sporting rifle, laser clays, precision snap, practical and historical rifles to name but a few, all with one-to-one coaching.

THE ENS REQUEST

For my sins the NRA has asked me (ENS/Tim) to run the F-Class Section - which will be shoot at 1000 yards.

This is a great opportunity to showcase shooting in general and F-class specifically. I have been a "Instructor" for visitors for the 2 previous NRA Open Days and it has been a very rewarding experience. In both open days we put +- 400 visitors through - it is seriously one of the most popular events. People queue for 45 mins to shoot 5 shoots (this I want to improve dramatically). They enjoy the experience .. .we can show such a positive side and hook them to our shooting sports. ;)

The general procedure is: The NRA provides rifles and ammunition. Each visitor is given a walk-through, settled in on the rifle and shoots 5 shots at a F-Class target.

The instructor is there to ensure

1. Firearm safety (muzzle trigger),

2. Help with setup and body position (scope kiss :bad: ),

3. To load if required, and

4. make the wind calls and PLOT the fall of shot on a memento plot sheet.

If you get 4, 5's or V' s then it is the visitors brilliant shooting ability :D , if not its your lousy wind calls :unsure:

The key point is to create a friendly engaging atmosphere and pleasant experience and get new shooters into F-Class. :cheers:

So what do I need ... Well simply F-Class Shooters to help me run an efficient and friendly event!

I need both FTR and Open shooters to assist. If we have enough instructors we can work in relieve shifts, spread the workload and tasks. We seriously need people that actually do F-class at a Club or league level.

We will have a gazebo, lunch and drinks provided .... and should there be enough interest we could even organise a slap up dinner at North London Rifle Club on the Saturday evening. :good: I am at the F-class World Champs in USA for 3 weeks in August and only return the Sunday before ... I need the help from the shooting community to showcase our sport!

Please PM me your interest and I will contact you! :D

BONUS EVENT

If we can get through the visitors by 4PM we could have a "Instructors Cup Match" - purely for bragging rights so bring your rifle (OK I will throw in 2 bottles of "C2R / RHINO Urine" for the winner! The targets are paid for and you could easily get 40 rounds down late afternoon!

WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING

Think of a normal shooting day out = Shooting mat or chair + Spotting Scope / Bino + Rifle / Bipod / Ammo (for Display and the "Instructors Cup Match")

SOME ADDITIONAL DETAILS

http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/calend ... &type=main

Please note the following:

ALL visitors will be required to pre-register before the day as we will be unable to register visitors on the day.

1. Age restrictions will apply to children under 14 years of age for some shooting activities.

2. All children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult who must sign for them at Registration on the day.

3. All visitors wishing to shoot must register and pre-purchase vouchers.

Registration costs £20 per adult (14 and over) and £5 for NRA members and under 14's.

Vouchers are sold in sheets of 10 costing £10 for the sheet, with a maximum purchase of £20 per person via the internet or by telephone. The vouchers can then be redeemed for any of the activities.

4. Everyone who is registered must also produce a valid form of ID (and proof of address) in order to collect their tickets on the day.

5. Registration will be in the NRA Pavilion and will open at 8.30. Shooting will start at 9.00 and will continue through to 4.30 but may carry on till 5.00.

6. Extra vouchers will be available to purchase on the day. Please note that any unused vouchers will not be refundable but may be used at the May 2014 Open Day.

Further details and prices will follow in due course.

Click here to download a list of shooting disciplines and their related age restrictions.

Click here to Register : http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/openda ... p?site=NRA

Archived