Helikon Patriot Fleece

maxxis35

Yeah I know we are boiling our bits off at the moment, just wanted to know if anybody has one of these fleece jackets and how they feel about them, I hear they size up big and I'm normally XL,for the money they look a nice bit of kit.

Hello

I bought two helicon fleeces in April

The one from Heinnie haynes is perfect

The other one from EBay is a copy my son had the good one

They both hold Jack Russel fur like there magnetised to it

Great cuddly warm coats sizing is for a jumper underneath

Only buy from Heinnies then at least you get a real one

Regards

Alan xxx

I have one

its ok, not much good at stopping wind, but as an aditional layer its good.

Pockets useful

I've been looking at one for a while. Looks a nice fleece for stalking in dry weather or even very light rain. Looks similar to the TAD gear ranger hoodie, but a lot cheaper. The TAD will probably be a lot better. Has anybody tried the gunfighter soft shell from Helikon? Seems similar but probably attracts less dirt.

Had the helikon one years ago, the stitiching on the reinforced elbow pads came loose after a few weeks so returned it, a friends did the same. Now have a genuine TAD gear one which is a lot better made but wears (shoulder straps) and pills easily, good quality but not worth the money they ask. Still have the TAD fleece for casual wear but prefere a light insulated jacket or light soft shell as they are more weather resistant and breathable and pack down smaller. The condor softshell is meant to be ok and not badly priced.

Archived