only the one

foxshot

Decided to have a look out last night and this was the result,i dont think i could have picked a worse night for lamping,three quarter moon,that quiet you could hear a mouse fart at fifty paces and frost on the ground and misty The first farm always produces upto three or four fox's, this night even though the mist was down you could see at least three to four hundred yards,no matter how much i called or lamped not a fox was seen,it was unusual to see the amount of rabbits out so i knew something was wrong the only thing i could put it down to was the hard frost on the ground keeping them in the forestry,after a couple of hours i went onto the next farm again this is a good area and again the mist and frost put pay to things,as things looked like a blank night the call brought one out of the wood at full pelt,and stoped at what turned out to be 162 paces,i got the rifle rested on the wall cross hairs on the fox then sent the little 50 gr nosler on its way ,and a satisfying thud and down he went at least it wasnt a blank night.Another was spoted later on on the edge of the forestry but was having none of it and was off,so a two hour trip back home a little dissapointed but at least i got the one picturegy0.jpg

Decided to have a look out last night,i dont think i could have picked a worse night for lamping,three quarter moon,that quiet you could hear a mouse fart at fifty paces

Hi Foxshot

I dont want to bump into one of your mice :( Good shooting dude least you managed 1, I didnt see a sausage, Love the stock on ur boomstick, is it a Wild dog ??

ATB Steve

Glad you got the one :( the old wheather is odd at the moment one minute its clear as a bell then mist then rain,only thing we aint had down here is snow,

Nice looking set up you got there what is it ? :(

nemasis the rifle is a 223 ackley improved i had built for me by r.g rifles ,with a nightforce 12-42x56 b.r scope and though cost quite a bit i am well pleased with it,still have to get out and do some serious testing with it yet(accuracy wise)

I had the same scope on my 22/250 but I couldnt get on with it for nightime shooting seemed to much mag if charlie was cumming into the sqeak and a lot of mucking about to alter things , but in the daytime its in a different league, how do get on with it :angry:

nemasis i have found that if i keep the mag down to 12 and the paralax down to about 150 i can shoot no probs with picture quality being good,i was aprehensive at first but i got the scope for a good price

Archived