3 in 6 minutes

SteveW

Last night i checked out an area that i've hit pretty hard over the last few years, and was amazed what hapened :blink: Parked up at a set of double gates and looked across field with the NV only to see a fox mousing around, I snuck back to the truck to grab the rifle, went prone and the 220AI didn't let me down. Stood up and looked around, as quite often the noise will stir something else up, only to see another heading straight towards the first one, went prone again, couldn't let it get to where the other one was, so shot that slightly further out :) Stood up again, did a quick scan around and bugger me if there wasn't another one coming in exactly on the same track, went down again ( dont you just love rolling around in the mud ) and the third one tasted lead, 3 shot in 6 minutes, i went a contented man ;):rolleyes:

P1240269.jpg

All 3 were within about 25 yards of each other, :rolleyes: not too far to walk :rolleyes:

Hopefully the picture has posted ok, big thanks to Kip270 & Reloaderdan for ur help with this !!

Good going stevie ,have shot three in one field before but no where near as fast as that i gues the adrenalin must have been running like a train

Nice one Stevie, please tell us a bit more about the NV attachment on the back of the scope. How far out can you see to id and shoot charlie?.

Thanks

A

Cheers guys,

Mighty glad the picture finally posted :blink: The nv is a gen 3 Archer with a silver bullet tube, I use it as a hand held monocular combined with a blitz and infrared filter, then sometimes using a caller just to get the eyes looking my way, which i can pick up out to 400 yards on a good night . Then either stalk or call them, generally depending on time of year or how the fox reacts to the call !!! I then like to get to between 150 - 200 yards, depending on many things inc. safe backstop, moon, wind, lie of the ground ( whether i can get prone or not, kneeling shots must be much closer) etc But i have shot a few and missed a few of them at over 300 yards, but i've been able to see them with ease, my main probelms with the nv is range estimation, hence my reason for shooting the 220 AI, it also helps to have some type of range finding reticle, ie mildot, np2 etc etc and get to know how to use it Anyone down my way, more than welcome to come and view. :blink:

Nemasis you must be nuts about moving on from the kite, a mate of mine has one it's awesome <_<

Cheers Steve

nice going there steve i told you your nv should have stayed in the back of my truck <_<

honistly guys had a look through steves scope last week and with the blitz its a cracking pice of gear well done mate see ya for some more foxing soon :blink:

Archived