Nitesite 200 vs Nite eye 500 LR

Lewis2012

Been looking at both these models for foxing with my .223 but spoke to sportsman gun centre and didnt really recommend the ns200.

How do you all find the ns200 for scanning and shooting rabbits/fox as apposed to a conventional lamp? Or shall i say the nightmaster800 with red LED?

What ranges are we looking at for the NS realistically?

Do i part with all that money for Ns or just get an nightmaster 800?

ATB

Lewis

Been looking at both these models for foxing with my .223 but spoke to sportsman gun centre and didnt really recommend the ns200.

How do you all find the ns200 for scanning and shooting rabbits/fox as apposed to a conventional lamp? Or shall i say the nightmaster800 with red LED?

ATB

Lewis

Buy yourself a Archer and have done with it.

I made my own version of the ns200. works out to 200 yards if I turn the mag down a bit further. You need the NM800 IR or similar for mine. In use its good for foxing and rabbits at lamping ranges. I use the NM800 with white LED as a gunlight when lamping scanning with a hand held.

ATB

Lewis

I suspect the reason sportsman don't recommend it is because they don't sell them!! (or didn't when I bought mine last year) Its quite fiddly to set up and the battery is heavy (although I think they come with lithium now?) but once set up it works very well , easily out to 200yds on foxes . I only use mine from a vehicle so the weight isn't an issue , its quite effective driving around and killing the lights when I see something , its then easy to pick up through the nitesite.

ns 200 can spot rabbits eyes at 180 no problem with a clear pic at 160 but they don't like quality glass .very hazy through leupold but good through a ags.not a good idea with nightforce as you turn the camera when adjusting mag.i filmed this through a leupold so not at its best.

mods if this is bad form please remove and sorry just trying to help

ns 200 can spot rabbits eyes at 180 no problem with a clear pic at 160 but they don't like quality glass .very hazy through leupold but good through a ags.not a good idea with nightforce as you turn the camera when adjusting mag.i filmed this through a leupold so not at its best.

ATB

Lewis

Lewis

If you do get a NS 200 buy yourself a IR module for your NM800 and double your viewing distance. If sgc no longer sell them try Outdoor Life up Pengam way thats where i bought mine.

Archived