March Scopes for CSR

John MH

Thinking that its time for a change I have been considering trying out a March scope for CSR. Unfortunately a slight delay in delivery means I wont be using one for the main CSR Matches during the Imperial, however, the importer offered me the loan of a scope until mine arrived so I said why not. It arrived yesterday and I fitted it today. The optical quality is IMHO better than the S&B Short-Dot although the objective is slightly bigger which may be why it appears clearer. Will try to get out and shoot with it in the next couple of weeks and will bring along to the Imperial for anyone who wants to have a look through it.

IMG_0034_zpsf5d3f16b.jpg

IMG_0038_zps91f6b7ee.jpg

IMG_0037_zpsc464f2dc.jpg

IMG_0036_zpsf2a514fd.jpg

IMG_0035_zpsf473384a.jpg

Image8_zps351020f5.jpg

Image2_zpsb9bd3d10.jpg

Image_zps753e847e.jpg

Not too sure about the reticle just yet but it has been designed for shooting at Figure targets, the proof will be in the shooting.

JohnMH 's comments on the new March scope reticule made me wonder if anyone knows how manufacturers "design"and more interestingly,test reticules.

Is it essentially the opinion of a few expert shots?

Is there really any good data on performance differences?

If so what performance(I mean for example, live targets,big targets,small ones etc)?

Individual differences-there are clearly such,perhaps subjective,preferences,expressed by forum members,maybe based on experience,though not on 'new designs'.

Are any such tests conducted at different distances?

With different criteria?

etc etc

I'd be a little surprised if the military didn't do something,but almost as surprised if it applied equally well to non military users,indeed if it is even properly tested for them

So,can anyone shed light on this?

And are the findings in the public domain?

Gbal

Looks well on the rifle John, tell you what, it's not gonna fall off anytime soon with that mount! I have the 2.5-25x42 and the glass in it is superb as well.

Mike

Looks well on the rifle John, tell you what, it's not gonna fall off anytime soon with that mount! I have the 2.5-25x42 and the glass in it is superb as well.

Mike

It only on with that mount temporarily, I have another lighter one on the way.

Just fitted the on loan March 1-8x24 into this mount. Its well made and the locking mechanism is simple to use and appears to be very rigid and secure. The height is just right and will test it on Sunday in Cornwall.

IMG_0042_zpseb232687.jpgIMG_0044_zps61820966.jpgIMG_0045_zpsd13f985e.jpgIMG_0047_zps3861e067.jpgIMG_0050_zps3e1d2acb.jpg

Archived