longbow users

roughshooter

I have heard the same from others and have had doubts on occasion myself. However the other week I had caught the turret and moved it about 20 clicks. Clicked it back and it was spot on. Zero will move if the rifle is bounced about though.

How do users find its accuracy returning back to zero after clicking up or down left or right

Only recently got one myself and after adjusting and returning to zero i checked same and it was way off

I have not had any problems with mine, however I must say I do not use it for dialing, neither would I use this scope for much day time work. I am also very careful not to bounce it around and check the zero fairly frequently. I only wish that the bow could be linked to a top end scope like a sworo etc. I know Julian did butcher a Smitt to fit the Longbow once but he did not seem to impressed with the difference. I keep my scope zeroed and tend to leave the knobs well alone.!!!

Knowing Julian as a very fair bloke iam sure he will swap out the scope for you if you are having problems.

ATB

Mike...

This is one the main reasons why I won't buy a Longbow, cheap and nasty Hakko scope on what is a seriously expensive setup. :(

I wish one of the main stream scope manufactuers would design something simmilar.

When I first got my Longbow I did what is called "boxing", At 100yds I set up a large target and fired a 3 shot group, I then brought the elevation up 30 minutes and fired another, then another 30mins right, 30 mins down and 30 mins left, the last three shots were exactly in the first group! 15 shots convinced me that I had a good scope.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one the main reasons why I won't buy a Longbow, cheap and nasty Hakko scope on what is a seriously expensive setup. :(

I wish one of the main stream scope manufactuers would design something simmilar.

better off with a pvs behind a good day scope... ;)

never had tracking issues but did have problems with the n.v add on being loose and affecting zero. was told this cant happen but as soon as I got a replacement that fitted correctly the problem went away. I. m. o still grossly over priced add it up jap hakko scope £600 tops n.v £3000 tops day piece £200? firefly £325 total£4125. so shall we have a Swarovski 2.5-15 x56 z6 at £1400 an envis or p.v.s 14 at £2000 a dsa at £100 and a nm 800 at £190 that's about £3700 still enough change to get half decent howa to go with em. atb tony

just to add that you cant get a longbow with a tube to compare with a p. v.s or envis for £4125 it will be over £5000 so go get yourself a nice kimber Montana while your at it atb tony

Archived