Water inside an IOR scope

dorg

A friend of mine showed me his scope yesterday, it looks as if there is a couple of drips of water on the inside of the rear lens, he has no idea how this has happend as the rifle has not been out in the rain h reckons.Firstly have any of you chaps had the same problem and who and how can he get it fixed, he does not like the idea of sending the scope abroad and would prefer to have it sorted in this country. By the way the scope is a IOR 6x24x50 with the 35mm tube.

We regret to announce that we are no longer the UK agents for IOR Scopes. In the current economic climate, we could not see how we have a profitable relationship with IOR and so, in fairness to IOR, we asked them to find someone else to represent them in the UK. In the meantime, Joost van Gerven in the Netherlands has offered to handle UK enquiries and all servicing and warrenty issues for IOR scopes. Taken from Border Barrels website

I think optics warehouse in painton Devon is the importer now! Well they seem to be selling the scopes anyway maybe worth a phonecall.

They are not the offical importers and as such, last time I checked, cannot handle warranty returns. Joost is the only chap I know of in N.Europe who has the correct paperwork to retun scopes to Romania or act on IOR's behalf.

Dorg when I looked through it I thought it looked like an oil mark , water would of moved or evaporated over time, made a phone call and the owner has now received all the paper work and contact details to return the scope :) turn around time is around 4 weeks.

Dorg when I looked through it I thought it looked like an oil mark , water would of moved or evaporated over time, made a phone call and the owner has now received all the paper work and contact details to return the scope :) turn around time is around 4 weeks.

Thanks my good man another problem solved.

Archived