Lapua's new .30-Caliber Ls Scenar

pcon

Hannams Reloading definitely has the 136gn 6.5mm 'L' in stock - I bought 200 a fortnight back alongside the 155gn 30. I don't know about the others, but suspect not as Dale knows I'm a sucker for any new bullet. Haven't tried the 136 yet - it'll be a while, as too much F/TR development on the go right now.

They have been available for a few weeks now and I have the new type L's in 136 and 155 loaded up ready for testing, just need to take a break from work for 5 minutes so I can shoot the things...

I have tried the 136's in my 260 and although good, dont seem as jump tolerant as the older 123/139's that i have used for the last 3 years from my mag fed rifle's restricted c.o.l.

Not a pro or con, just difference in ogive shape that is noticeable on visual inspection. They also seem to generate more pressure that 139's although i havent measured the bearing surface yet. The stamped logo on the base of the bullet seems an odd addition to me on an object designed to spin at 100,000+ rpm? I must be getting paranoid :-)

Archived