Captain Slow has left the building!!!!

Hi All

Thought I would post the following link to a new shooter getting long range benchrest right!

Today was round 2 of the UKBRA 1000 yard Benchrest Series.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6bmkfzrar1wl2u/Gary%20S%201000BR%205th%20May%202013.mp4

Gary S was given a kicking the other weekend for firing too slow 1 shot every 15 seconds, today after some assistance the boy done good and managed to get all 5 shots off, nicely aimed in 25 seconds.

Still some room to improve on and he has now managed to get to grips with keeping his head down.

Gary shot very well in some testing conditions, and had 2 single figure groups with a 6BR rifle.

Lets hope Gary is as speedy with working out his phone as he has another video to share.

So Gary has shed his title of "Captain Slow" and is now speedy gonzales in training........ well done!

I just goes to show how you can beat the wind if you shoot quick, but to shoot quick you need a good technique, for guidance the 6BR boys needed between 6 and 7 minutes of windage on to get on target (that is 60-70 inches or wind drift) not for the faint hearted.

Cheers

Bruce

Yeh thanks boys for the comments, for my 2nd effort at 1000yd iwas pleased so really if I can shoot not too slow with a mid range calibre anyone can .but if your not sure there's loads of help and advise its great to learn and have fun at the same time, don't know why me and gary w have pis?£d around not joining sooner so get yourself a divorce and come along I'm nearly there!!! ?

It's an a5.

would you like to add a few more words to that answer :P

tell us whos build it is -what it likes to eat and why you had it chambered in that calibre-i know all the answers but the other boys and girls would like to know.

cmon dont be shy or you wont play out any more!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived