Anschutz spares / bedding arrangements

Hi,

Recently my Anschutz 1517 was not shooting the groups it should, I checked all the bolts and found the rear stock bolt wasn’t as tight as I thought it should be. I tightened it up, but next time I checked it was again not tight. On further investigation I found the wood under this bolt is pretty thin, and between that and the sharp, rubbish looking, stamped bit of metal under the bottom metal the wood had become compressed and released the bolt tension.

When I spoke to my usual gunsmith he said there should be a steel tube which the rear action bolt goes through, which stops the rear screw compressing the wood too much. In which case I’m missing a part, where can I get small replacement parts like this? I can’t find the gun in Anschutz’s parts lists.

Thinking about it though, this doesn’t sound like a very good arrangement for accuracy, the rear of the action will not be tight in the stock, only the front bolt will really be pulling the action into the stock.

The obvious solution I thought was pillar bedding, but it isn’t easy on this action as the rear stock bolt goes into the back of the trigger mechanism. If this is the best solution, who would people recommend to do it and what would you expect to pay?

see the pic for a better idea of what i'm talking about.

post-10441-0-41430800-1367602572_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Gareth

I can sympathise my brno did the same on the front screw the rear has a sleeve front didn't. I have a lathe so could make one to size. if you measure the bolts there are model engineer suppliers on the web this is one http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/acatalog/Engineering_Menu_Steel_Tube_361.html flee bay as well. If you have no joy with a factory part.

Archived