PVS 14

matchking

Very good bits of kit if you want to go the add-on route, you could place a wanted ad on the forums bet somebody would be intouch. Whatever you buy just make sure you look thru the unit first dedicated or add-on.

Very good bits of kit if you want to go the add-on route, you could place a wanted ad on the forums bet somebody would be intouch. Whatever you buy just make sure you look thru the unit first dedicated or add-on.

I am not sure what to go for really, I have a archer coming from Julian at starlight to veiw. I have spoken to a few boys that use them and the reports are good. But i was speaking to .223 magic from here who has both and he said that the pvs was also a superb bit of kit. So just seeing what the general thoughts were and whether if i did want one what the availability was also what sort of money they make.

Thank Sean

I have a longbow and archer and have 2 mates with the PVS. As a spotter the PVS wins hands down especially if you add some mag. I also think the PVS beats the Archer. However for me the longbow is a better bit of kit (marginally).

The crunch is the price as you should be able to get a PVS14 for around £2k (similar to the Archer) but the longbow is a chunk more. I have a mate with a contact for the PVS so I could ask after one if you'd like?

I have a longbow and archer and have 2 mates with the PVS. As a spotter the PVS wins hands down especially if you add some mag. I also think the PVS beats the Archer. However for me the longbow is a better bit of kit (marginally).

The crunch is the price as you should be able to get a PVS14 for around £2k (similar to the Archer) but the longbow is a chunk more. I have a mate with a contact for the PVS so I could ask after one if you'd like?

+1 fully agree with abolters comments

Have you tried the swarvoski yet?

Sean

Hi Sean,

mounted the Archer onto the Sworo Z6 5-30 BT and the sight picture was very good, not quite as good as my longbow, but the payofff is the sworo is a top end day scope.

ATB

Mike.........

Hi Sean,

mounted the Archer onto the Sworo Z6 5-30 BT and the sight picture was very good, not quite as good as my longbow, but the payofff is the sworo is a top end day scope.

ATB

Mike.........

and THATS a really fair point. The Longbow comes with its own scope but for daytime use for long range or accuracy nuts it really wont cut it. I always planned to have a second rifle and the longbow one is for late evening/last light ambushes. I wouldnt want it in the truck all day for trying to pick stuff off at longer ranges, ie 300m plus. The mag only goes upto 10 for starters

Ive had an archer, Thought it was excellent then I got a PVS14. The Archer was sold. The Archer is a good bit of kit and it does the job no problems. Ive taken a few foxes with it with no complaints.

The PVS is smaller lighter and better optically. Much clearer and brighter, So if you get the chance get a look through it, get the numbers off the tube, check it out thoroughly before parting with your cash. I paid £2200 for mine and its one of the best buys ive made.

i was spotting last night with my 14 -no lamp needed until the last seconds -game over!put 2 to sleep.

one of the best bits of kit you could buy.

There is a PVS 14 on ebay at the moment in the states. It is a gen 2+ HD the resolution on it looks good 52-72 if i remember correctly . They state that they can ship to the u.k the price is around £1650 which doesn't seem bad. Any thoughts?

Cheers Sean

SEAN- im sure any nv gear cannot be shipped out -blokes with beards and turbans-and all that.

i would look at one from these shores then if there is any problems you can at least sort it.

have you contacted CAMO 304 on this forum hes the contact for what you want.

SEAN- im sure any nv gear cannot be shipped out -blokes with beards and turbans-and all that.

i would look at one from these shores then if there is any problems you can at least sort it.

have you contacted CAMO 304 on this forum hes the contact for what you want.

Cheers

Archived