Quickload request, if you have got time...

P3T3R

Hi Pete,

just bought QL today and spent the last 3 hours f4nnying around with it. I was checking out my own 6.5x47. For what its worth RL17 consistently gave the highest velocity for the 130 Bergers of the powders you have listed. Suggested max load is about 41.4 grns, but this is highly dependant on your seating depth and individual rifle. Start around 37.5 and work up in .5 increments to 39 and .3 from there on is what I'd do. PS the bergers shoot well out of my rifle loaded 3 thou off the lands, and I arrived at that cos I wanted to keep the bullet's base above the shoulder bend of the case. i have an accuarate load using V140 at the minute but the velocity's not great hence the reason I'm looking at alternatives. If you go by the pmax z1 theory H4350 has the potential to be the most accurate but many get great results with Varget which doesn't look any thing special in QL???? You pays your money and takes yer chances eh?

Best of luck

Mike

ps have you read this? http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek084.html

I have yet to achieve the stated velocity or maximum loads were quick load suggests. Its a good guide but a "guide" non the less. Its main use for me is quick comparisons without actually shooting or loading a round

I have yet to achieve the stated velocity or maximum loads were quick load suggests. Its a good guide but a "guide" non the less. Its main use for me is quick comparisons without actually shooting or loading a round

I've just come in from doing a bit of load workup with some Benchmark. QL says I should be getting 3293fps with an un-tuned estimate, I got 3391fps. I just had a bit of powder left over so I thought I'd burn up some rubbish primers and reject bullets. The damn thing put all three test runs into one hole with a 2-6mph full value X/W. Now I've got to find some more Benchmark. :o

I find QL very good most times. I find I have to work on the variables that are peculiar to my load and rifle though. It does drop the ball occasionally. On the whole it's better than most reloading manuals.

ATB

I've just come in from doing a bit of load workup with some Benchmark. QL says I should be getting 3293fps with an un-tuned estimate, I got 3391fps. I just had a bit of powder left over so I thought I'd burn up some rubbish primers and reject bullets. The damn thing put all three test runs into one hole with a 2-6mph full value X/W. Now I've got to find some more Benchmark. :o

I find QL very good most times. I find I have to work on the variables that are peculiar to my load and rifle though. It does drop the ball occasionally. On the whole it's better than most reloading manuals.

ATB

Agreed, I tend to cross reference a lot. Generally I get higher velocities and up until working a recent load (87 grn HPBT in .243) more powder in before any pressure signs occur. It does say about 10 grns or so of LilGun at max in the .22 hornet and most use 12-13 grns which is agreed by many in published data books as per example

Archived