shipping guns from home

maxxis35

I want to have some mods done to my rifle and driving to the other end of the country will hike up the cost.

Anybody shipped a rifle off to get work done,and had it shipped back home? Who's best for the task of courier, any procedure I need to know about.

If you get on with the RFD doing the work he may be able to arrange TNT to do a collection from your house/work or you could drop in to your local RFD and see if he will send it for you.

Mark

TNT will not deliver/collect from a private address...or so they say. The parcel is not insured by them either. Something a lot of companies fail to mention. I get people moaning all the time at what I charge for delivery by TNT which is £35. Its fully insured up to a value of £5000.

TNT will not deliver/collect from a private address...or so they say. The parcel is not insured by them either. Something a lot of companies fail to mention. I get people moaning all the time at what I charge for delivery by TNT which is £35. Its fully insured up to a value of £5000.
I would say £35 is about right,,,Dave is that your insurance{Business} or that of TNT,s please? thanks.Onehole.

Yeah thought that,,,,then £35 is a great deal considering the potential value of what,s in the box and all the hassle if something gets damaged.I cross my fingers down here,,,not had a problem yet but would like the security and peace of mind that costs could be met in the event.Thanks .Onehole.

Archived