Which annealing machine

Foxshooter

Assuming you could have an annealing machine and there was no problem with cost or export which would you have

Giraud? http://www.giraudtool.com/annealer1.htm

Bench source? http://bench-source.com/id81.html

Something alternative like a mini ductor 2?

http://www.theinductor.com/index.php?m=50&s=24

Mark

If you want to anneal large quantities in one sitting then the Giraud is most likely the best choice as you do not have to put the cases on the turntable one at a time. However, I only anneal 50 at any one time, so the Benchsource is the machine I have and that is the best choice for me.

Had a BenchSource and now run a Giraud, different machines with pros and cons. If volume is a factor get a Giraud (although he doesn't export) otherwise the BenchSource is ideal and maybe easier to get hold of.

There are at least two Girauds users in the UK but many BenchSource users.

• 2 weeks later...

I won't be annealing large quantities so went for the Bench Source. Ordered directly from Vertex Manufacturing in USA. They couldn't have been more helpful in communication. Took a little over 2 weeks to arrive, well packed and undamaged. For those unfamiliar with buying from the states, you will have to pay VAT at +20% and credit cards add a fee for handling currency, so don't forget to work that in to your budget.

I also added two of the BernzOmatic brass torches to my order having read elsewhere that finding the correct torch head size in the UK was a challenge. At $40.00 + the VAT for two, it made sense and relieved to find that B&Q stock the correct fit Propane cannisters (Go System Propane)

I won't be annealing large quantities so went for the Bench Source. Ordered directly from Vertex Manufacturing in USA. They couldn't have been more helpful in communication. Took a little over 2 weeks to arrive, well packed and undamaged. For those unfamiliar with buying from the states, you will have to pay VAT at +20% and credit cards add a fee for handling currency, so don't forget to work that in to your budget.

I also added two of the BernzOmatic brass torches to my order having read elsewhere that finding the correct torch head size in the UK was a challenge. At $40.00 + the VAT for two, it made sense and relieved to find that B&Q stock the correct fit Propane cannisters (Go System Propane)

The torch heads can be got from Amazon and E-bay. The model number is UL2317. The gas canisters can be got from any plumbing supply store.

ATB

Thanks for the replies and info gents, a mine of information as always.

Sadly (sort of) I have just had an offer acepted on a house that until last wednesday I never even knew I needed si it looks lie all the mad money and new toys will be on hold for the forseeable

Mark

Archived