6x47 Lapua

Cumbrian 1

I currently have a CZ 243 which I really like the only downside is the twist rate(1:10) I would like to utilise the berger 105 - 110 grain bullets. It is a relatively short action and the magazine just about fits the speer 100grn speer BTSP to be seated just of the lans. My dilema is do I rebarrel in 243 with a faster twist and load the rounds deeper or go with the 6x47 with a 1:8 twist and make use of the extra magazine space, I am also in the process of aquiring a 6.5 x 47lap and thought it may be handy to have two rifles using the same brass as I can stockpile it and use for either when needed, plus they both use the same small primer.

The downside is availability of ammo if I go abroad and my ammo doesn't turn up, cost of brass, purchasing new dies and other ancillary loading equipment.

I currently have a CZ 243 which I really like the only downside is the twist rate(1:10) I would like to utilise the berger 105 - 110 grain bullets. It is a relatively short action and the magazine just about fits the speer 100grn speer BTSP to be seated just of the lans. My dilema is do I rebarrel in 243 with a faster twist and load the rounds deeper or go with the 6x47 with a 1:8 twist and make use of the extra magazine space, I am also in the process of aquiring a 6.5 x 47lap and thought it may be handy to have two rifles using the same brass as I can stockpile it and use for either when needed, plus they both use the same small primer.

The downside is availability of ammo if I go abroad and my ammo doesn't turn up, cost of brass, purchasing new dies and other ancillary loading equipment.[/quote

what do you want to do that the 243 can't do?

And the 6x47 can do?

Same size primers seems like a desperate reason for cartridge choice!!

If you are concerned about ammo supply,get a standard cartridge-the 243will be more available tha the other two mentioned.

Same brass?see above-I can' t see much advantage given the reforming etc,anyhow,of 200 Lapua 6.5 versus 100 Lapua 6.5 and 100 Lapua 243

And as you say,dies etc will rattle up quite a bill.

I'd chose on the basis of what is needed for your purpose(s). -having the same primers won't seem like much consolation if the cartridge is disappoints.

Gbal

Archived