ruger no1

benny243

Hi,

I have a colleague who has a genuine Holland-Woodward falling block, the most elegant, attractive (and expensive!) of all the classic British designs. If I can prise it away from him for a short while I will try and get some pictures. It just oozes gorgeousness!

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently fallen for Ruger No.1s . Never a fan of this type of rifle until I shot one at my club.

45/70 at 100 meters using a fixed 6 mag scope. 3 shots and first time I fired it.

post-10598-0-19577000-1366996050_thumb.jpg

I have recently fallen for Ruger No.1s . Never a fan of this type of rifle until I shot one at my club.

45/70 at 100 meters using a fixed 6 mag scope. 3 shots and first time I fired it.

[/quot

The Farquarson action is an absolute delight - see Alan 's appraisal.The Ruger is as close as mere mortals/mortgages are likely to get.

Gbal.

I always fancied a ruger no 1 as a lightweight vermin gun. The plan was to ghilie-suit it up and use it for evening foxing where I stalk for an hour, sit up for an hour, then lamp my way home on foot.

In the end, I went for a Steyr Pro Vrarmint instead.

If you're after a physically small, lightweight stalking rifle, don't rule out the Steyr Scout. With a 19" barrel and a couple of the spacers removed from the stock, they're a very very 'handy' package. If you whacked a long eye-relief scope on there, it would add to its woodland capability.

Not 'pretty' in the same way as the Ruger however ;)

Had a 22/250 varmint No1 for a fair time,shot a lot of vermin with it and had no accuracy issues with it.It was a very handy rifle to use and carry.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived