Advice

Ronin

In the past couple of days a member of the forum quite innocently offered something that he believed to the benefit of others on the site.

The item concerned was described and offered as a copy, several members responded to the kind offer.

I recieved three messages from concerned people who expressed the opinion that this was a possible breach of copyright law and the person offering the item was potentially wide open to litigation (as was the site and the people accepting the offer)

Whilst looking into this matter, the post was locked and I spoke personally to the person concerned, the offer was made out of a kind hearted gesture and without any idea that they may have potentially broken the law if any articles had been sent to respondants.

As I understand things, the site has partial responsibility for what is posted (as do the contributors- thats you), we have no desire to draw unwanted attention from the anti hunting establishment and trust me, you really never know who is on these sites - no matter how genuine they appear to be.

If anyone has anything on offer or for sale in the future, please think carefully before posting - please.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read this and I am sure you understand and will abide by the rational behind this.

Archived