Sunday afternoon fun.

minkstone

Went out to a quarry to do a bit of longer range bunny bashing late yesterday afternoon with my mate and shooting buddy "Gaz6br". We got there at approx 5pm and set up on a high bank overlooking the quarry.

Gaz was using his .223 Ackley and i took my .222 as my 6br is in the process of being bedded. Gaz was going to "stretch the legs" of the Ackley and i would take the rabbits out to about 250yds or there abouts with the .222.

We got set up and it wasn't long before a rabbit presented it self at 150yds and taken with the .222. A few minutes later we spotted a rabbit across the quarry which was lasered at 391yds, Gaz dialed in ,took the shot, dead rabbit. Not more than a few minutes passed when the dead rabbits mate came out to play and Gaz dropped him virtually on top of the previous one.

A bit later on i shot another close one at not more than 100yds, when, we spotted another rabbit running across the quarry. We waited for it to stop and then ranged it at 372yds, Gaz dialed in and added this one to the tally.

It was getting on a bit by now, and the temperature was starting to drop as the sun went down, when Gaz pulled off two fantastic kills at 448 and 438yd on two final and unlucky rabbits. What was also good was the fact i was able to watch the bullet trace of the .223 Ackley all the way to the targets.

It was a relaxing end to a rather busy day for me and Gaz, which made it all the more worth while,......Nice shooting Gaz!

Always good fun mate, nice to hit that first one at 391 yards from a cold clean barrel. After that it didn't let me down just 2 misses all night, and you didn't miss anything out to 200 plus yards, I do like them little 40gr nozlers for them ranges in my ackley.

Next time il take my br give them ones at 600-800 yards some hammer ;)

Hope this mist goes for later back out tonight :)

Hopefully have my 6br sorted by then Gaz and we can both have some long range fun. Got to agree though those little 40grain pills are deadly in your Ackley!....Hope we do get out later.

atb.

Thats very impressive shooting guys, well done. We are going to have to meet up soon and spend the day in the barn doing some long range varminting. I have bought a picnic basket especially for the job now ;)

Only "best" salmon and cucumber in the sandwiches then Rob!

Cheers lads, always good fun when your out with the rifle as I'm sure you will all agree. Can't wait for the clocks to change and weather to get alittle better :)

Archived