20Cal Eye Popper

nemasis243

For a change last night took the 204 ruger out for a spin and left old faithfull , my Tikka/Border 243 at home. :P

It was a cracking night to go out the wind was slight and not much rain about. Went down to a new sheep farm that called me the night before,as I shoot the 4 farms surrounding it there was no probs with the bounderies as I have all the shooting know in that area.

As we left the farm house and loooked over the first gate,charlie was sitting about 140yrds out about 10 yrds from a herd of pregnant sheep.He looked at the light and looked back at the sheep,at the light,at the sheep then looked at the light for the last time as a 39grn Sierra Ballistic Tip entered his head just above the snout.

What a thack as it hit, the fox flipped over onto its back and that was goodnite, had a call from the gate and another one was at the far end of the field he come in to 220yds and didnt want to come any closer,and stood side on long enough to put one in his shoulder,

I called for a few more minutes but nothing else showed so we went and had alook at the results, the first one popped botheyes out of theie sockets and the back of the scull was evaporated the second one had an exit hole about the size of a cricket ball but in side it was vaporised.

I was using 32grn Vmax , but a few charlies when shoulder shot still srambled for a few yrds after the strike ;) but these 39gnr ers are really doing the bizzzz. :lol:

We did 2 more areas close by and only managed to pull another 2 but seen about 8 but all at great distance , they seem to be moving at the mo looking for a willing vixon or an easy meal,

Got a night in tonight as you cant see to the bottom of the garden with fog so its reloading time and have a look at Varmint Safari 4 ( AGAIN) and recharge the batteries ready for tommorow as the forcast is getting colder , hope the ground starts drying up so I can start driving round again.

Hope the wheathers better wher you are , Happy Hunting,as soon as I work out how to get pics on this site I will post a few cheers Andy :mellow:

Good write up nemesis,and,hurry up with the pics mate..................get an account on Photobucket,and it is simple to use mate(even I can do it ;) !!!!)....................martin.

Very well wrote out post Andy , perhaps the first fox thought is he gona shoot me or the sheep,nice going anyhow and lets see them pics asap

[

[/Love the write up and good shooting too ,

My father shoots with a Ruger 204, he had similar experiences as you with the 32g v maxs, has now switched to the 40g Bergers, they appear to hit a little harder, Good luck with the others you saw !!!

Cheers Steve

Archived