Tactical solutions X-ring .22lr

jungle_re

This is my little rimfire, the only rifle i have at the moment after demolishing my remmy 700 for a rebuild and awaiting a 7-08 Dane & co I thought i'd chuck up a picture as there can't be many in the UK.

Its a ruger 10/22 footprint and takes a ruger trigger (though mine has the VQ2000 I think) in it but thats about it. The charging handle screws direct to the bolt which is a different design more similar to the remmy s/a with 2 return rods and springs preventing bolt cant. The firing pin is circular and sits in a bored channel though the middle of the bolt, the rear of the bolt is radiuses (an often smithed fixed to the rugger) and the recoil buffer is a push button of machined metal with a rubber stop, when removed you can use the hole to put a rod from the rear straight down the barrel from chamber to muzzle. This is barrelled with a tactical solution barrel which is even lighter than the 12" VQ carbon which I found too light to keep my scores low in LSR shooting as any mistake on my part it moved too much thus the addition on the ASE Northstar mod which works a treat, a Sak goes back on for hunting. Its sitting in a predator stock which to my eye was the nicest laminate skeleton stock around.

Ive had this rife for about 4-5 years now and still love it to bits. Fast, light, quiet and as accurate as any bolt gun (though it doesnt like tenex thank god lol)

IMG_0008-1.jpg

even if the owner forgets to take all the parts to put it back together again! :blush:

too many shiney things Paddy lol

no the whole action is made by tactical solutions

VQ only made the trigger unit

they have changed the bolt handle and offer a fair few colours since i got mine - think i prefer the original and the barrel they used to make have also disappeared but it was a fair few years ago now.

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/x-ring-custom-22lr-receiver

Archived