Who are you doing it with??

Just relax, and take your time.

How much work have you put in on revising for it?

I done mine over a weekend with Ronnie Rose, and what a weekend, enjoyed every minute of it, some of the guy's made some easy mistakes because they were rushing.

Who are you doing it with??

Just relax, and take your time.

How much work have you put in on revising for it?

I done mine over a weekend with Ronnie Rose, and what a weekend, enjoyed every minute of it, some of the guy's made some easy mistakes because they were rushing.

I think I am doing it at the same place as you:

http://www.eskdalewildlife.com/training.html

I am going up with a few other friends which should be fun.

I am just about to start the book work. I have the deer quest CD and been reading a couple of stalking books.

Spoke to Ronnie this morning and waiting for him to send accomodation details as their cottage is booked already. Then book that and collect the deposits from my friends on Thursday at our Keeperes day.

Jerry

Sanders, gen up on the CD, better than books in some ways as you have immediate access to the correct answer.

Ensure you have a rock solid zero with reliable ammo from the same batch, best thing for your confidence, but lets be fair if you can't hit 4'' reliably then should you be taking it...... :mellow:

Having said that ;) the day before mine my little boy knocked the rifle off the bipod :( in the bedroom, yes put it out of the way to avoid all this. Thought it wouldn't have moved it :lol:

First shot on test cock on for height, 6'' right. Keep your head if this happens, so I shot for group and printed 5/8''.

Examiner said, ''you know your not on target don't you?'' I said '' group seems good though'' :P

If this happens you can stay on your first target to zero for as many shots as you want, only when you move on to the 2nd target is that classed as your 2nd attempt.

The more experienced shots seemed to struggle with this ironically enough and previously I would have bet on them breezing it.

Keep your head and you'll enjoy it.

If you have done all your homework, you have nothing to worry about. ;) Ronnie is a top man. I wonder what he would think of the guaranteed level 2 debate going on at the moment :mellow:

Tips I would give you would be to just relax, as I say if youve done your homework, you have nothing to worry about. Ronnie will put you to ease and best of luck.

Just booked myself onto a DSC1 course for the end of march in Scotland.

So from those who have done it what tips can you give me please!

Thanks

I think I am doing it at the same place as you:

http://www.eskdalewildlife.com/training.html

I am going up with a few other friends which should be fun.

I am just about to start the book work. I have the deer quest CD and been reading a couple of stalking books.

Spoke to Ronnie this morning and waiting for him to send accomodation details as their cottage is booked already. Then book that and collect the deposits from my friends on Thursday at our Keeperes day.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, Me & me mate took our DSC 1 at the same place, took two days, & enjoyed every minute. We stopped at a place called Nether Boreland B&B, it's on the way from Lockerbie to Ronnies place, you cannot miss it, alright for the two night we stopped there.

It's an education talking to the old man, what you see is what you get, good laugh as well. You've nowt to worry about, they want you to pass, & will spend time with you to make sure you do. Give credit where it's due, a young kid taking the course at the same time, was struggling with the shooting.

They spent most of the afternoon with him to get him through, speaks for itself,

Best of Luck,

BJ.

Guys,

Thanks for this, sounds like we have picked the right place.

I am working my way through the CD and have ordered the book to read carefully too.

Shooting wise I am fine prone but need to do some more work off the sticks so any tips there will be helpful. This is a 5 shot group at 100m with my HMR prone so I doing ok.....

zero.jpg

Thanks for the tip re B&B, will check that out tomorrow......

Jerry

hi jerry i spoke to ronnie just before christmas trying to get a date

sorted out but january .feb were fully booked im waiting for him

sorting a date 1st or 2nd weekend in march if he gets enough people for

the course if not i might be along at end of march so i might see

you there

tam

• 1 month later...
hi jerry i spoke to ronnie just before christmas trying to get a date

sorted out but january .feb were fully booked im waiting for him

sorting a date 1st or 2nd weekend in march if he gets enough people for

the course if not i might be along at end of march so i might see

you there

tam

hi al did the level 1 at eskdalemuir first weekend in march ,ron was a

great guy,put us all at ease (6 guys) lectures were very interesting

learned quite a bit, tests were ok as long as youve been reading the

manual ,all in all a very worthwhile course , also registerd for level 2

(cheaper)

Well done, didn't do the Level 1 course with him , but had the pleasure to meet him last week at a function, absolutely top bloke, very committed and a font of knowledge with some eye opening views on management that now make perfect sense.

hi guys

just like the gentleman above says if you have the deerquest cd...use it!!!! all the stuff answers etc is there!!!! just keep studying it!!!

i was a total novice when i took mine 3 or 4 years ago and wasnt going to do it coz i was just starting out but im glad i was advised to do it!!!

i did struggle with the shooting thru nerves alone!!! but as the gentleman says above the course instructor i had told me that the amount of really experienced shots who go to pieces when someone is looking over there shoulder is amazing....top shots too!!!! glad to know we are all human!!!

the instructor was aware i was a total novice and was brilliant and coz of him i scraped thru the shooting but because i had studied the deerquest cd rom i waltzed the rest

with regard to the comment above " debate raging on with dsc2 just now"??? i have my level 2 did it couple o years ago ......whats the debate ongonig with it just now??????

good luck with the level1 enjoy it

cheers

sauer

Archived